Question about Birthday Button

Howdy!

A few months ago, my housemate booked a cruise on the maiden voyage of the Oasis of the Seas mid-December 2009. The great thing was that the week after the cruise was not only Christmas, but my birthday as well. We decided to spend the following week at Disney World (especially with the "What Will You Celebrate" theme and the free ticket on the birthday).

Unfortunately, we just heard that the cruise was moved up a week with an additional cruise before it (no 100% confirmation, waiting on that) and we've booked for it. The main problem is that now, if we were to go to Disney World, we'd have to go the weekend before the first cruise (especially if that's the weekend they decide to tape the Christmas parade next year) and again on the weekend after the cruise (at least for the Sunday events for Mousefest).

Here's the question I've got: Even though it won't technically be my birthday (and I won't get the free admission), is there anything that says that we can't celebrate my birthday and get one of the birthday pins that they give out at Guest Relations, even though my birthday would be two weeks away (or a month if we do it before the cruise, which might actually look better if we're there for when they do the Christmas parade tapings...)? I went to WDW in 2007 with my parents to celebrate my mother's birthday and we were able to get the button, but her birthday was only a couple of days after we left WDW.

I tried to email guest relations via the WDW website, and just got a form letter that didn't really answer my question.

I appreciate any information I can get! Thanks in advance!

C. Jackson
Dallas, TX

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Disney takes the approach that if your birthday is anywhere within six months either way of your trip and you want to celebrate your birthday on the trip, or if the trip is your birthday present either from someone else or yourself, they'll gladly give you a birthday button! :D

Upvote 0

Baldrick2

Yesterday I saw a cast member say "Happy Birthday" to a guy wearing an It's My Birthday button........ he looked at her blankly & said "pardon?"

She repreated the happy birthday & he still looked blank ......it was only when she pointed to his pin that he perked up & got her meaning

It was clearly not his birthday...............or he was on a different planet!!!!!

Upvote 0

krankenstein

My birthday is in April, but I can't ever make it in April because of work and school. Last year my parents sent me to WDW in May for my birthday. Of course I asked for my birthday button and ate up everyone telling me Happy Birthday even though it was a month later. Go, get the button and celebrate. :wave:

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Last year I booked my December trip on my 50th birthday in September as a present to myself. I got my button when I checked in and proudly wore it all week. Had a lot of fun with it, too.

Upvote 0

sandheichert

Howdy!

A few months ago, my housemate booked a cruise on the maiden voyage of the Oasis of the Seas mid-December 2009. The great thing was that the week after the cruise was not only Christmas, but my birthday as well. We decided to spend the following week at Disney World (especially with the "What Will You Celebrate" theme and the free ticket on the birthday).

Unfortunately, we just heard that the cruise was moved up a week with an additional cruise before it (no 100% confirmation, waiting on that) and we've booked for it. The main problem is that now, if we were to go to Disney World, we'd have to go the weekend before the first cruise (especially if that's the weekend they decide to tape the Christmas parade next year) and again on the weekend after the cruise (at least for the Sunday events for Mousefest).

Here's the question I've got: Even though it won't technically be my birthday (and I won't get the free admission), is there anything that says that we can't celebrate my birthday and get one of the birthday pins that they give out at Guest Relations, even though my birthday would be two weeks away (or a month if we do it before the cruise, which might actually look better if we're there for when they do the Christmas parade tapings...)? I went to WDW in 2007 with my parents to celebrate my mother's birthday and we were able to get the button, but her birthday was only a couple of days after we left WDW.

I tried to email guest relations via the WDW website, and just got a form letter that didn't really answer my question.

I appreciate any information I can get! Thanks in advance!

C. Jackson
Dallas, TX

We just got back celebrating my sons 1st and daughters 6th birthday. She wore her pin every day and loved it. We also recieved autographed pictures and balloons in our rooms for both birthdays and our anniversary. If you are really going ON your birthday ask for the "IT REALLY IS MY BIRTHDAY PIN!" they actually have them but you have to prove it is your birthday.
Have fun

Upvote 0

fmingo36

My best friend and I have birthdays within a week of each. Unfortunately they are in mid-December and you know how crazy things are right before Christmas. Ever 5 years on the big 0 or 5 birthday we do something special in September. This year we celebrated our "birthdays" in WDW. We both got buttons and wore them ever day. We loved the attention and the special treatment we got. We even got to skip the stand-by line at TSM and got to go in the "birthday" line (Fast-pass line).
We may not have been born on that day but we were definitely celebrating our birthdays!

Upvote 0

Uponastar

Our family of 6 went to WDW this past October.
We all had special occasions to celebrate that month, though only one of them fell within the 7 days of our stay. My husband and I celebrated our 35th anniversary, my younger daughter and her boyfriend both have October birthdays and our elder daughter and her husband were celebrating their first anniversary. We all got pins on the first day of our stay and we wore them every day. We did not feel like we were taking unfair advantage by accepting congratulations from cast members...we were there to celebrate our special events and that's what we did for the entire week.
Wear your pins and enjoy!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom