Question about billing?

Abraham's Mommy

I am going to WDW from 9/13-9/19 with my Husband, son and my husband's parents. We are staying at SSR 2-bedroom villa. My question is can there be two credit cards on file for the same room? We are treating my in-laws for the vacation but I know they wil feel really uncomfortable if we pay for everything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

tigsmom

I am going to WDW from 9/13-9/19 with my Husband, son and my husband's parents. We are staying at SSR 2-bedroom villa. My question is can there be two credit cards on file for the same room? We are treating my in-laws for the vacation but I know they will feel really uncomfortable if we pay for everything. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Yes, it can be split. When they ask if you want charging privileges on your room key just ask for the cards to be split such and such a way.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Yes, it can be split. When they ask if you want charging privileges on your room key just ask for the cards to be split such and such a way.

Unless they've changed the policy, there cannot be two credit cards on file for charging privledges.

*But* what you can do is put one card on file and allow all cards to charge to it. Then the night before you check out, go to the Front Desk, have them pull up your folio, and then add up everything charged to the in-laws' cards (each charge has listed what room key# was used). Your in-laws can then have that amount charged to their credit card (which they would provide at that time).

-Rob

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

Unless they've changed the policy, there cannot be two credit cards on file for charging privledges.

I thought this limitation was only within a single room. If there are two different rooms (which presumably is the case here) I thought you could put a different credit card down for each room. Any CMs here with a definitive answer? :shrug:

EDIT: Never mind - just went back and read the original post. I missed the part about it being a villa....

Of course, your in-laws could just charge things onto their credit cards directly, instead of charging to the room. I don't really understand the whole preoccupation with charging to the rooms for adults, anyway. It's not a big deal to charge to your credit card anywhere - seems to be about the same process as charging to the room. They swipe your card, you sign, you're done. And for counter service restaurants and carts where it's maybe easier to pay cash, there are plenty of ATMs around to get a quick $20-40 when you want it.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

*But* what you can do is put one card on file and allow all cards to charge to it. Then the night before you check out, go to the Front Desk, have them pull up your folio, and then add up everything charged to the in-laws' cards (each charge has listed what room key# was used). Your in-laws can then have that amount charged to their credit card (which they would provide at that time).

-Rob

This questions comes up from time to time and I am speaking from experience, 2 different couples can use different cards.

OneLuckyMom said:
And for counter service restaurants and carts where it's maybe easier to pay cash, there are plenty of ATMs around to get a quick $20-40 when you want it.

Since there is usually a fee (unless you also have a local bank) its better to take a larger amount out. $2 to take out $20 or $2 to take out $100...taking the larger amount means less trips to the ATM and less fees paid. We end up paying twice, the fee at WDW and a fee from our bank at home.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom