Question about Annual Passes

donsullivan

Premium Member
Have they announced when they will restart the monthly payments for AP??

The original statement was that once they re-opened, the payments would resume on your next scheduled payment date after the re-opening. For example, if your normal payment date was the 20th of the month, they would resume on July 20. I have seen nothing to indicate that has changed at all.

I'm kind of curious how that will play out for me since my payment date is the 10th and my current Platinum expires on AUG 10. If that plays out, my next payment would be AUG 10 but that pass will then be expired. I just renewed my AP tonight on the site to get that out of the way now that the functionality has re-opened on the website.

ELG13

The original statement was that once they re-opened, the payments would resume on your next scheduled payment date after the re-opening. For example, if your normal payment date was the 20th of the month, they would resume on July 20. I have seen nothing to indicate that has changed at all.

I'm kind of curious how that will play out for me since my payment date is the 10th and my current Platinum expires on AUG 10. If that plays out, my next payment would be AUG 10 but that pass will then be expired. I just renewed my AP tonight on the site to get that out of the way now that the functionality has re-opened on the website.
That's what I thought as well but the DL that opened in Shanghai? (I can't remember which one already opened) their annual pass payments did not resume on that day since it wasn't guaranteed that AP holders would have access to the park. So paying for a ticket you can't use wouldn't be appropriate in this situation. Those payments may have been restarted since I last read about it but I'm not sure.

donsullivan

Premium Member
That's what I thought as well but the DL that opened in Shanghai? (I can't remember which one already opened) their annual pass payments did not resume on that day since it wasn't guaranteed that AP holders would have access to the park. So paying for a ticket you can't use wouldn't be appropriate in this situation. Those payments may have been restarted since I last read about it but I'm not sure.
So far we have seen no indications from those whose dates have already been reset for WDW AP's that they are being extended for anything longer than the number of days the parks are closed.

nickys

Premium Member
If your pass is linked in your MDE account you can see and, I assume, book AP rate rooms. We have gold passes in our account that haven’t been activated and we could see AP rates when booking was still an option.
Correct. You can book an AP rate if you have a pass linked in MDE even if you haven’t activated it.

When you check in you will be asked to show your AP at the front desk at some point or you will be charged the full rate.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Welllll - we asked for a partial refund, on our AP that was due to expire 5-27-2020.

It currently shows an extension to 9-2020.... and we could care less. Holding out for the refund, as we are not going until 4-2021.

We also just bought two NEW Gold Passes. More expensive than a renewal, but it gives us 1) Tickets and 2) SPACE. If 4-2021 looks like dog food? We don't activate. Cancel, rent out our DVC points, and wait for dog food PLUS :).

ELG13

Correct. You can book an AP rate if you have a pass linked in MDE even if you haven’t activated it.

When you check in you will be asked to show your AP at the front desk at some point or you will be charged the full rate.
Yes this is correct. We purchased our APs before our room and we weren't activating them until that trip. I actually purchased my AP and booked the room the next day. Oddly enough, at the time, the Florida resident rate for the room was cheaper. A couple of months later the AP rate was cheaper. Didn't matter in the end though lol

ELG13

Welllll - we asked for a partial refund, on our AP that was due to expire 5-27-2020.

It currently shows an extension to 9-2020.... and we could care less. Holding out for the refund, as we are not going until 4-2021.

We also just bought two NEW Gold Passes. More expensive than a renewal, but it gives us 1) Tickets and 2) SPACE. If 4-2021 looks like dog food? We don't activate. Cancel, rent out our DVC points, and wait for dog food PLUS :).
Yeah I feel lucky we hadn't activated our passes yet because you definitely aren't getting anything close to a gold pass for the rest of the year . I'm hoping that by 5-2021 things are back to normal. Hopefully they refund you because I think they will be getting a lot of backlash from a lot of AP holders that kind of got jipped out of a significant amount of time (depending bon your expiration date). This was our first year for our passes. I was super excited to get them and activate them but like I said, I'm glad we hadn't.

Hcalvert

Question regarding renewal: I called the VIP number and requested a paritial refund since the Platinum passes expire July 8. I then paid in full for renewal passes. When I linked the passes to my DME account, they were all under my name and I had to contact tickets and internet support to get it sorted out. I have never renewed before, so I don't know the normal protocol after renewal. Should those passes already be activated from July 9 or do I have to wait until I get on Disney property to activate them? I am concerned as they are showing in my account as unactivated and expiring in 2030 and since they are unactivated, the app will think I do not have tickets to make park reservations during my upcoming resort stay. The app currently is telling me to renew still, but is also showing that I have unactivated renewed passes.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Our APs ran out end last October. I renewed with 30 days, and the renewal is showing until 2030. So my question is does this all apply the same to the renewals as it does a new AP?

We were not returning now until this October, so would my 1 year start from the activation date when we get to a ticket booth at the parks and go for 1 year? Or would it start retroactively from the end of the AP its renewing and then end at the end of October? (Or date + parks closed time).

Or, will we be able to cancel our trip this year, and activate them next year and get the full year when we return then?

Hcalvert

Our APs ran out end last October. I renewed with 30 days, and the renewal is showing until 2030. So my question is does this all apply the same to the renewals as it does a new AP?

We were not returning now until this October, so would my 1 year start from the activation date when we get to a ticket booth at the parks and go for 1 year? Or would it start retroactively from the end of the AP its renewing and then end at the end of October? (Or date + parks closed time).

Or, will we be able to cancel our trip this year, and activate them next year and get the full year when we return then?
I am in the same boat. However, I am leaving in 20 days. I am concerned that I will not be able to make park reservations. 😬 I renewed before my pass was up, so I have no idea why I was issued a renewal certificaiton instead of an extension on the one we currently have and does not expire until July 8.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom