Quality Inn & Suites - anaheim Resort (South Manchester Ave.)

Blueliner

Original Poster
Does anyone have experience with this hotel? I will be attending a conference in La Quinta in early December. I was thinking about using Southwest points to fly in and out of John Wayne (so I can bring my wife with me using the SWA Companion Pass). We would make the two hour drive out and back from the desert, and maybe tack on a day or two to play at the Disneyland Resort.

This hotel looks like it is a pretty easy walk and is reasonably priced (a good bit less than the HOJO). It might be a little noisy due to its proximity to I-5, but we can probably live with that if all else is well.

Nextinline

My girlfriend & I stayed at the Quality Inn a few years ago. Overall I left with a positive impression. We were never bothered by the proximity to the I-5, the grounds were landscaped nicely, & the rooms were well decorated & clean. It was comparable to the other resorts in the area we have stayed (Carousel & Tropicana (its no Disneyland Hotel!)). The distance to the park can be misleading though. Walls separate all the parking lots eliminating any shortcuts. We had to walk down Manchester & Harbor to get to the parks which is a little over a half mile.

First post btw, so thanks for the opportunity!

Blueliner

Original Poster
My girlfriend & I stayed at the Quality Inn a few years ago. Overall I left with a positive impression. We were never bothered by the proximity to the I-5, the grounds were landscaped nicely, & the rooms were well decorated & clean. It was comparable to the other resorts in the area we have stayed (Carousel & Tropicana (its no Disneyland Hotel!)). The distance to the park can be misleading though. Walls separate all the parking lots eliminating any shortcuts. We had to walk down Manchester & Harbor to get to the parks which is a little over a half mile.

First post btw, so thanks for the opportunity!
Thanks for the information! I looked at a satellite view to see if there was a route straight toward the Esplanade and couldn't tell for sure. I think we still can make it work, though.

wild01ride

I agree with the previous poster's explanation of the place. I have stayed there 2 or 3 times and have never really had a complaint. It is definitely along the lines of a motel of yesteryear, with some of the furnishings somehow surviving the last 3 decades since they were constructed (albeit still being in presentable condition).
It is no frills, yet it is clean, has a safe feel and offers a decent continental breakfast.
All in all, for the price and proximity to Disneyland, it is a good choice.
Just as something to add: it does have access to the Anaheim Resort shuttle, although I have no experience with using it.

Have a great trip!

Blueliner

Original Poster
I agree with the previous poster's explanation of the place. I have stayed there 2 or 3 times and have never really had a complaint. It is definitely along the lines of a motel of yesteryear, with some of the furnishings somehow surviving the last 3 decades since they were constructed (albeit still being in presentable condition).
It is no frills, yet it is clean, has a safe feel and offers a decent continental breakfast.
All in all, for the price and proximity to Disneyland, it is a good choice.
Just as something to add: it does have access to the Anaheim Resort shuttle, although I have no experience with using it.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! We definitely are looking for something reasonably priced but clean, safe, and within a reasonable walking distance to the Esplanade. This appears to be a good option.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom