QS Pricing

Goof-Man

Original Poster
They'd for never be worth it for my family. We mostly drink water anyway, and we're not generally taking any meals at the food courts, etc. where the refill stations are, so we'd have to make special trips to use them.
Agreed. At CBR you either bring the cup with you to the parks or you're running back to the room on the way to bus.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Thank you for the kind discussion, I certainly am enjoying this. I wanted to bring into the discussion a recent trip to Niagara Falls. At Niagara Falls the prices are incredible. We were there 2 years ago and the kids wanted milk, so, I went to starbucks. 2 Large glasses of milk and it was 12.50; I walked down to the convenient store and I purchased 2X 1L 2% milk and the bill was $14.50; for something that sells for $2.99 at the grocery store. Not only was there tax added, there was also the Destination fee. At least, as far as I know, there is no special tax at Disney.

With this in mind and yes taking in consideration currency conversion. I still feel Disney isn't bad food wise.

You're paying for convenience and probably for the fact that most people don't buy milk at a Starbucks or convenience store so it probably goes to waste so they don't want to lose profit.
Personally I would have just walked into a grocery store to get the milk.
Not sure if you were on the Canadian or US side (I live in Niagara County NY) but I've been to grocery stores on both sides they are plentiful and easy to find.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I guess I was thinking that my kids don't drink Soda or coffee, but if they offered juice it would be worth it. But with that being said, I think this is how it would go: Why does Dad get a special mug: I want one. and then we have a mug that may get refilled once with Powerade, maybe iced tea.

That is definitely a good point because we all know kids think things are "special" when one person has it and another doesn't lol.

Goof-Man

Original Poster
Everything in Niagara Falls, especially in the tourist area in Canada is extremely marked up and expensive. No matter where you go it’s ridiculous.

Club Cooloholic

I was reviewing the menus for our upcoming trip and noticed some
Interesting observations. If I look at CBR and their QS the entrees itself don’t appear overly expensive to me; in fact when you compare it to say McDonald’s or another QS the prices are reasonable. But it’s when you look at Soda or a bagel or even a banana that the prices seem outrageous.

I mean let’s look at a banana and $2.49 for something that costs less than 0.50 at a grocery store.

Has anyone noticed similar findings and how do you overcome the sticker shock while still enjoying Disney food?
Kind of true. Consider what they charge for a soft pretzel or mickey bar, crazy prices

JIMINYCR

Well I guess that’s where someone who is planning their trip in advance, and planning out even the smallest details will come out without any surprising expenditures. We’ve never bought an overpriced banana or anything unreasonable from the food courts. Not just Disney but any tourist destination adds in higher priced items to pad their profit point and we know going in what they are. Those small items will catch you if you’re not expecting them. If you are buying a banana at Disney’s price and complaining it’s your being caught off guard and paying for it. The refillable cups, we bought this trip because we knew park hours were going to be shorter and we would get enough use out of them throughout our trip to make them worth having.

Nottamus

The wife and I look at it this way:

we can get a table service meal to not be hungry afterwards at about $120
OR
We can do QS to also not be hungry afterwards for about $35.

We both drink water anyway, and carry 2 insulated bottles in backpack that we refill in room. We drive in and always bring a case of water.

Goof-Man

Original Poster
The wife and I look at it this way:

we can get a table service meal to not be hungry afterwards at about $120
OR
We can do QS to also not be hungry afterwards for about $35.

We both drink water anyway, and carry 2 insulated bottles in backpack that we refill in room. We drive in and always bring a case of water.
On a trip back in 2015 we had a 2year old and a 6 & 8; table service will just add more frustration than what we need. One or two will be good, but too many more and we'll be more stressed than what we want to be on vacation.

danyoung56

I never understood why anyone would buy a bottle of water while at Disney. Water is FREE everywhere at Disney, you just have to ask.

Because of convenience. I don't want to shoulder up to the counter, or wait in line. to ask "Please, Mum, can I have a drink of water?" The big icy vat of water bottles is right there, waiting for me. Plus a bottle with a lid is way more convenient than a paper cup. I don't care about the price - I love me a bottle of ice cold Dasani!

CaptainAmerica

I do agree that pricing seems completely unrelated to either quality or quantity.

Two tiny pepperoni spring rolls for $9.50 in Adventureland is absurd and offensive.

Two gigantic pork egg rolls for $6.99 in Anandapur is extremely reasonable and a borderline bargain.

aliceismad

Because of convenience. I don't want to shoulder up to the counter, or wait in line. to ask "Please, Mum, can I have a drink of water?" The big icy vat of water bottles is right there, waiting for me. Plus a bottle with a lid is way more convenient than a paper cup. I don't care about the price - I love me a bottle of ice cold Dasani!
On our last trip, we brought a small water backpack (like a generic Camelbak) and filled it with ice or ice water a few times a day. Easy peasy. A cheap one was like $20, plus it's the only thing we brought to the parks because it was also large enough to hold ponchos and snacks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom