QS or Table service ddp

dennis woodard

Original Poster
first trip to the world in 32 days ,2 adults and 4 kids (13.12.10,6) , cant decide on which one to pick i have a character dinner at the crystal palace the first day, and the FDP the day were at HS at Hollywood and vine, my 10 yr old is very picky eater ,and my 6 year old can be sometimes ,and knowing most restaurant kids meals don't have a lot of variety ,so is it better to do the QS which gives us a choose of breakfast lunch and dinner 2 credit per day per person or the TS ?

m3owbox

It being 32 days from your vacation, you only having 2 ADRs and it being spring break season you might have problems getting more ADRs for places you would actually want to eat at. So I think it might be a better choice to just go and get the QS dining plan.

m3owbox

that's what i figured , and really didn't want to spend our first trip wasted on table service meals,thanks for the advice
Especially if its your first trip, doing QS you will be able to get a lot more done in the parks instead of hurrying to TS dinners that take more time.

tmstephe

We have done the QS dining plan 3 times (family of 4). Twice we "saved" a little money and once we "lost" a little, but we essentially break even. It's more than worth it for us to have the piece of mind of being prepaid and eating whatever we want. I wouldn't buy a $10 cheeseburger in real life, but I don't bat an eye when it's a meal credit. I hope that makes sense. We also schedule 1 TS each trip, just to splurge and have a special meal. I've been very happy with the QS plan.

dennis woodard

Original Poster
We have done the QS dining plan 3 times (family of 4). Twice we "saved" a little money and once we "lost" a little, but we essentially break even. It's more than worth it for us to have the piece of mind of being prepaid and eating whatever we want. I wouldn't buy a $10 cheeseburger in real life, but I don't bat an eye when it's a meal credit. I hope that makes sense. We also schedule 1 TS each trip, just to splurge and have a special meal. I've been very happy with the QS plan.

this is true but i just did the math the QS is roughly 1100 plus the 2 TS i have ADR already added it up based on my family eating habits and getting the mugs ala carte and a third ADR looking at about 1100 ,so thinking im gonna save 200-300 roughly

Weather_Lady

i was thinking that as well since i have picky eaters , do u know if you can get the refillable mugs without the DDP?

You sure can -- but keep in mind that the mugs can only be refilled at your resort (not in the parks). Unless you would otherwise be purchasing beverages at your resort food court each day, the mugs may not be a worthwhile investment. If you want to avoid paying the high Disney prices for beverages, other tips are to make use of the free coffeemaker/coffee in your resort room (except at the values, which don't have them), bring your own drinks from home, ship them to yourself ahead of time, or just drink water. Iced water is free on request at every CS location everywhere on WDW property.

jlsHouston

Is the 10 year old priced like an adult on the QS plan? If so I would get myself a target charge card and go buy a bunch of the disney gift cards. I would only do the DDP if you are going to do at least as many TS meals as QS meals. Anyways you get a 5% discount with your red card for those disney gift cards and that means $ 1000 bucks worth you will pay $ 950

Your TS selections are buffet so your picky eaters will find something they like for sure. And depending on where you eat for other quick service options you might be able to buy 5 meals and do some sharing.

I always buy the cups if we don't do the dining plan because...I do go get coffee besides make it in my room, and the kids get their sodas or lemondade and we take it out to the pool. We almost always eat several meals at the QS location where we are staying and it saves on drink cost. I might just buy 4 mugs instead of 6 though...if I were you.

dennis woodard

Original Poster

decided to get the QS plan and a 3 ADR like the fact as you said peace of mind to eat what we want not price checking ,now the only thing is can you recommend some good QS place in each park, i know were going to casey in MK and flame tree in AK and BOG on our second day at MK any others ?

tmstephe

We enjoy a variety of food, and there's definitely a lot more than hamburgers and chicken strips at QS if you look for it. (and sometimes a good burger is nice, too!)

I love the food court at Port Orleans (Riverside Mill) - great variety of food and nice atmosphere. I'm not sure where you're staying, but it may be worth a look. Also, on the DDP you can get a full ice cream sundae as your dessert credit... much better than a pre-packaged brownie! You just tell the cashier and he/she will give you a time-stamped ticket to take up to the "bakery" after you've finished your meal. And after your nice meal, you can enjoy a leisurely river cruise to Downtown Disney.

PrincessNelly_NJ

decided to get the QS plan and a 3 ADR like the fact as you said peace of mind to eat what we want not price checking ,now the only thing is can you recommend some good QS place in each park, i know were going to casey in MK and flame tree in AK and BOG on our second day at MK any others ?
Why not just pay out of pocket? I don't see you saving money if you will be not using all of your QS credits by eating at 3 TS restaurants with ADRs

dennis woodard

Original Poster
Why not just pay out of pocket? I don't see you saving money if you will be not using all of your QS credits by eating at 3 TS restaurants with ADRs

well the first day were ther only using 1 credit and a ADR

this is true but im thinking about taxes on the meal and then drinks and desserts and then snacks which i get all with the QS might drop 1 ADR ,2 our important just trying to figure out a stress free way

PrincessNelly_NJ

well the first day were ther only using 1 credit and a ADR

this is true but im thinking about taxes on the meal and then drinks and desserts and then snacks which i get all with the QS might drop 1 ADR ,2 our important just trying to figure out a stress free way

I agree the Dining plan really makes things stress free. But if you do just want to check out what you might pay oop vs for the dining plan have a look at
www.distriplanner.com
It will run the numbers for you based on average pricing and even estimate tips (a little on the low side IMO so I would use your own tip estimates.):)

dennis woodard

Original Poster
I agree the Dining plan really makes things stress free. But if you do just want to check out what you might pay oop vs for the dining plan have a look at
www.distriplanner.com
It will run the numbers for you based on average pricing and even estimate tips (a little on the low side IMO so I would use your own tip estimates.):)

used it very helpful thanks so much for the info

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom