Q about Disney in December

DisneyChristian

We are thinking about taking our lovely family of 4 on a trip to Disney World this December if Spirit Airlines is nice enough to give us a super great price on airfare. We got the Pin Code offer for the dining plan but it was only for 4 nights/5 days and we wanted to go for 6 nights/7 days or 7 nights/8 days. Anyone know if Disney would extend the free dining plan offer for more days? Also, anyone know if Disney might be offering the stay 4 get 3 days free offer for december or any other offer that might be even a better price than the free dining plan?

DisneyJoe

We are thinking about taking our lovely family of 4 on a trip to Disney World this December if Spirit Airlines is nice enough to give us a super great price on airfare. We got the Pin Code offer for the dining plan but it was only for 4 nights/5 days and we wanted to go for 6 nights/7 days or 7 nights/8 days. Anyone know if Disney would extend the free dining plan offer for more days? Also, anyone know if Disney might be offering the stay 4 get 3 days free offer for december or any other offer that might be even a better price than the free dining plan?

The 4 night/5 days is SAMPLE PRICING. Other length of stays are possible.

The strong rumor is that free dining for the general public will be available for October-December travel dates.

I don't expect the buy 4 get 3 free to return until January-May, if then.

Upvote 0

DisneyChristian

Original Poster
thank you for that information. So is the free dining package a better deal than getting the stay 4 days get 3 free offer if you are planning on getting the dining package anyways?

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

thank you for that information. So is the free dining package a better deal than getting the stay 4 days get 3 free offer if you are planning on getting the dining package anyways?

Depends on:

- what level of resort you want - assuming you are staying for 7 nights, the buy 4 get 3 free works out to 43% off of your resort room. Obviously there are greater savings for a deluxe resort than a value resort

- number of adults/children traveling - since the dining plan costs $39.99 per adult per night, and $10.99 per child per night, free dining could save you as much as $130.96 per night (2 adults, 1 junior (age 10-17) and 1 child (age 3-9)). Even with 2 adults your savings would be $79.98 per night.

With a value resort room costing between $82/night plus tax in value season and $145/night plus tax during Christmas week, I would say with a value resort the Free Dining is the better deal. For moderate and deluxe resorts you would need to do the math.

Upvote 0

Tinkyroo

The 4 night/5 days is SAMPLE PRICING. Other length of stays are possible.

The strong rumor is that free dining for the general public will be available for October-December travel dates.

I don't expect the buy 4 get 3 free to return until January-May, if then.

What happens if you already have reservations for the resort only during that time then see the free dining? Do you have to redo your reservation? Do you have to add park tickets to it to get the free dinning? Or can you get free dinning just with the room? We do not like to buy the park tickets until the first morning there. Also, can we buy 7 day park tickets late morning at AK?

Sorry for all the questions! :eek:

Upvote 0

DisneyChristian

Original Poster
We just got the airfare for our trip! and for only $18 a person. Now we just have to figure out what the best deal will be for the Disney Part. We are planning on staying at Pop Century this time. Maybe we will get lucky and Disney will offer the $49 each night promo like last year. Although, we probably will just go with the free dining plan promo instead.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

What happens if you already have reservations for the resort only during that time then see the free dining? Do you have to redo your reservation? Do you have to add park tickets to it to get the free dinning? Or can you get free dinning just with the room? We do not like to buy the park tickets until the first morning there. Also, can we buy 7 day park tickets late morning at AK?

In order to qualify for Free Dining, you need to have a Magic Your Way package reservation, not a room only reservation. A MYW package consists of a room reservation and at least a 1 day base ticket per person.

If you already have a MYW package reservation and free dining is announced, you can call and see if they can apply the promotion to your reservation. It depends on how many rooms they have allocated at each resort for that promotion.

Upvote 0

durangojim

For us, we received a 40% off pin. We decided to stay at the beach club and are saving about $145/night. In our case it made more sense to do that than get free dining, as you would still need to pay for any appetizer and a tip. We are AP holders and have Tables in Wonderland so that makes a bit of difference but you might want to look and see how much you could save if you bought a AP. Mousesavers.com is a great resource for such.

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

There's a lot of good advice on this thread, so just to reiterate.

If you already have a package booked and a better package comes out, you can easily switch it depending on availability. If you have a room only reservation, it's a little more difficult. You would have to cancel your room only and rebook the package.

The 40% off pin codes are better than free dining for some people. If you are staying at a deluxe resort with just two of you, you're usually going to come out better with the 40% off. If there's 4 of you in a value resort, free dining is going to be better.

Kingdom Konsultants can help, if you'd like help. We can book you with pin codes, too. If you are booked with us, and something better comes out, we will automatically switch you over. You don't need to stalk the boards watching for discounts daily, we watch for you.

Also, if you're booked with us and get a pin code, we can apply it for you.

Send me an email if I can help!:)

Upvote 0

DisneyChristian

Original Poster
Thanks for all the great advice! There should be a seperate board for getting the best priced packages for people going to any of the Disney Parks. We are a family of 4 with two children under 10 and we are not very well to do at all so I doubt we can handle a deluxe resort. We just need to go as inexpensive as we can. We had budgeted for under $2000 for this trip air, hotel, myw tickets, and dining. All we have booked so far is the airfare. We have Disney Visa so we will put the trip on that to take advantage of the 6 months no interest. My wife is a restaurant connoisseur and enjoys reviewing the various restaurants in WDW so we definitely have to go with the dining plan.

Upvote 0

jkokbaker

Sorry for the questoin, but I am new to all this, what are these pin codes for 40% off you are talking about, how would somebody get one. Also does anybody know when they will release specials for November and December, I have bought plane tickets, but waiting for anything else until I know the specials. Thanks for everyone's help.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

Sorry for the questoin, but I am new to all this, what are these pin codes for 40% off you are talking about, how would somebody get one.
Pin codes are discounts randomly sent to customers by Disney, either in your email or snail mail. They have a code attached so they are just for you, no way to transfer them to someone else. Just make sure Disney has your addresses by registering on the website (or by booking a vacation!) and you never know what you may get =)

Upvote 0

DisneyChristian

Original Poster
In order to increase your chances of getting a PIN code special offer from Disney, you can register on the Disney Website, the Disney Parks Website, and Walt Disney World Website. Also, request a Disney Planning DVD from the Walt Disney World Website. Make sure you fill out the information about when you want to go, where you are interested in staying, etc so Disney can target your special offer to your needs better. Having a Disney Visa Card helps too. You could also even call Disney Reservations if you have gone to Disney Parks in the past and let them know you are planning a Disney Trip and want to make sure all your current information is up to date with them. Those are just a few ways to increase your chances of getting a Personal Special Offer from Disney.

Upvote 0

disneytopdog

I should have read this thread before starting a new one. I saved a little bit switching from the 40% off and going with the free dining. I am staying at POP and its a solo trip.

Thanks to Marie at Kingdom Konsultants all it took was a email to her and she did the rest!

Thanks again Marie!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom