Pure Magic Podcasts..

Tigger2000

Original Poster
Scroll down, my newer casts arent as told below...i flow a bit better lol. but the RSS feed is still the same

Ben
------------------------------------------------

hello everyone:)

I am currently working on a WDW Fansite, and to go with it I have made a Podcast!
I also asked Steve if I could update with news from WDWmagic..and now there is a segment for WDWNews and Updates!

unfortunatley, the podcast hasnt worked out the way I planned..
First, my voice sounds terrible on it! it sounds as though I'm droning on, and IMO I sound very dull...if you can cope with that GREAT! lol..

Second, as I can't seem to add my Podcast to the iTunes library, the feed that you'll have to add manually is http://breathenomore.org/podcasts/puremagic.xml

If anyone else has suggestions how to improve my Podcasts, then please, feel free to post! I think I'll also have to buy a new mic, as it picks up every "P" and PPPP's it on the cast, if that makes sense (You'll understand once you listen)

Thanks
Tigger/Ben

PaisleyMF

ballewclan said:
Ive been hearing podcasts alot lately...what are they? Sorry for being outta the loop! :)

it comes from the iPod and a broadcast (ipod+broadcast=podacast) this is a MP3 file with a "radio" program, they vaired in lenth from 5 minutes to an hour.

Podcast is not just for iTunes or iPod but for any MP3 player and movil MP3 player available.

Since it was introduced for the most popular MP3 player in mind (iPod), thats why the name podcast.

If you want to try some podcast and some great Disney podcast like "Inside the Magic" you can go to Apple's iTunes and download the most resent iTunes porgram (Mac and Windows avaialble) and subcribe to some podcast (i got almost all Disney's Cast in my list)

PaisleyMF

Tigger2000 said:
hello everyone:)...If anyone else has suggestions how to improve my Podcasts, then please, feel free to post! I think I'll also have to buy a new mic, as it picks up every "P" and PPPP's it on the cast, if that makes sense (You'll understand once you listen)

Thanks
Tigger/Ben
My suggestions are;
1. New Mic with wind shield (that would reduce the pops from the breathing)

2. lay all the pages side by side when recording or try to memomrize and or speak from the mind.

3. be relax have a 2 person conversation, even if you are alone, your second person is the people hearing the podcast.

4.And have fun doing it!

Good Luck

mrtoad

My favorite so far is the MousePod also available from iTunes.

Also, you don't need an MP3 player to enjoy. If you don't have one you can burn to CDs and listen in the car or listen on the PC. I do use an iPod but the options are available.

PaisleyMF said:
it comes from the iPod and a broadcast (ipod+broadcast=podacast) this is a MP3 file with a "radio" program, they vaired in lenth from 5 minutes to an hour.

Podcast is not just for iTunes or iPod but for any MP3 player and movil MP3 player available.

Since it was introduced for the most popular MP3 player in mind (iPod), thats why the name podcast.

If you want to try some podcast and some great Disney podcast like "Inside the Magic" you can go to Apple's iTunes and download the most resent iTunes porgram (Mac and Windows avaialble) and subcribe to some podcast (i got almost all Disney's Cast in my list)

Tigger2000

Original Poster
thanks for the tips :)

I'll be doin a new one soon...if anyone would care to tell me what they would like on the next one..

Tigger2000

Original Poster
heya,

I'm re-starting these podcasts, with the first "official" one getting done on monday..
I now have a blog at blogger until breathenomore.org is set up properly so the address for that is HERE!!!

Keep me updated with what you'd like to see

Ben

(i forgot to add, the email for this is pure-magic@breathenomore.org)

mrtoad

Cool, thanks I will look for it Monday.

Just wanted to give some advice on your blog too if that is ok. Blogspot puts that bar accross the top of your site and it hides some of your graphic. If you can put a transparent jpg file above it (you will have to mess with the size) it can push it out in the open for you. The are other ways but that might be the easiest.

Also, you might want to change the font. Small fonts espcially serif fonts will be hard to read on screen. You should go with a sans serif font (something like verdana or ariel) it will be easier to read.

I am not trying to knock anything, just give some advice is all. I hope that is ok. :)

I look forward to listening on Monday.

Mike

Tigger2000 said:
heya,

I'm re-starting these podcasts, with the first "official" one getting done on monday..
I now have a blog at blogger until breathenomore.org is set up properly so the address for that is HERE!!!

Keep me updated with what you'd like to see

Ben

(i forgot to add, the email for this is pure-magic@breathenomore.org)

Tigger2000

Original Poster
hey, thanks :)
i think i said it earlier or it mighta been in a different post, I can't improve unless someone tells me what they'd like to see improved, right? lol
Im not going to bother changing the layout of the blog, its only a temp home..but i will change the font :)

well, anyhoo, thankya

Ben

Tigger2000

Original Poster
ook, so I'm onto my "second" podcast now, and am stuck!
My website has been down so, so has my blog, all the feed has gone down too...see this is what happends when you forget to pay bills lol!

so yeah anyhoo, if anyone wants to email me with any new or trip reports or anything...PLEASE GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS! then PM me at the moment until my site is back up (hopefully in the next 24 hours. check breathenomore.org before emailing me...then if its up - it should say hiatus - then email me at pure-magic@breathenomore.org)

Thank YOu
Ben

yensid66

mrtoad said:
Check out the MousePod as well. It is very good.

What happened to this podcast (Mousepod)? I tripped across it one day on PodCastAlley but it does not have any additional podcast after the one posted on 8/24/05. The Mousepod website does not have anything after this date either. Is this podcast still up and running, and if so where can I find more recent shows?

mrtoad

Not sure. I even emailed the guy and he said he was still doing it and to look out for such in such in the upcoming one and it never happened. I removed it from my iTunes podcast list.

It was good, so I don't what happened.

yensid66 said:
What happened to this podcast (Mousepod)? I tripped across it one day on PodCastAlley but it does not have any additional podcast after the one posted on 8/24/05. The Mousepod website does not have anything after this date either. Is this podcast still up and running, and if so where can I find more recent shows?

yensid66

mrtoad said:
Not sure. I even emailed the guy and he said he was still doing it and to look out for such in such in the upcoming one and it never happened. I removed it from my iTunes podcast list.

It was good, so I don't what happened.

Thanks Mr. Toad. Yes, it is a shame because I did really enjoy it and he seemed like he enjoyed doing it. I sure hope he is ok, and nothing happened to him to not allow him to continue the podcast. I guess I will just keep an eye open and see if he ends up posting anymore, or at least gives an explanation as to why he has stopped.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom