Purchasing DVC AP: Can this be done?

DebbieL

Original Poster
I just received my tax refund and want to use a portion of it to purchase my AP. However, I have 3 gift cards (2 AMEX and 1 Visa) that I want to use towards the cost. Can I use 4 types of payment for the transaction? I'd use the 3 GC's first and then my credit card to pay the balance. If this can be done, can it be done over the phone with MS, or does it have to be done at a Guest Services desk/booth in WDW?

jasondiff

This should be doable as long as you know the exact amount available on each GC. Alternately you could buy Disney GCs with the Visa and Amex GCs then use the Disney GCs to pay for the APs.

It doesn't appear that you can buy APs online with more than one credit card, so if you can't do it by phone then your only option is in-person.

DebbieL

Original Poster
Thanks!

Ultimately, I'd like to make this purchase before going to WDW. I just got my tax refund, and want to spend some of it on the AP. I'm afraid I'll spend it before I get to WDW if I don't buy the AP now. Does anyone know if this transaction can be handled over the phone?

OldYeller

I had two rewards cards that I received from the points I cashed in from my Disney visa. When i bought APs last August, I was told I could only redeem one card per transaction. I'm not sure if its the same with GCs, but it may be an issue

I used multiple gift cards on a phone transaction previously (although...I think it was for adding the dining plan to my DVC reservation). Using multiple gift cards shouldn't be a problem, however I have heard of issues with splitting payments on Visa type gift cards.

DebbieL

Original Poster
So, I e-mailed DVC directly to get an official answer. This is the response I got:

You are able to use multiple payment methods for WALT DISNEY WORLD®
Annual Passes. To use multiple payment methods, please call Member
Services at 1-800-800-9800 and speak to one of our Vacation Advisors for
assistance.

I'll call this afternoon, and hopefully will have luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom