Puppies?

Tenny317

Original Poster
On Saturday I was leaving Animal Kingdom at about 4:30pm and I saw a girl holding her yorkshire terrier inside of the park. I was very confused, it was def not a seeing eye dog or what not, and she was def holding it in her hands...any thoughts?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Either someone who successfully snuck a pet in or a certified support animal.

Support animals can be necessary for people who don't deal well [on a psychological level] with crowds of people. The animal is comforting and keeps them from having debilitating panic attacks. There are people who have doctor certificates for such animals to go anywhere with them.

Rob562

There are some instances where an animal can be designated as an assistance animal, even without being a seeing-eye dog. Things like someone prone to panic attacks where the presence of the animal keeps it under control.

Something like that. And because they're an assistance animal, Disney must accommodate it.

-Rob

Tenny317

Original Poster
True point I'm not trying to be insensitive the teenage girl just seeing it I didn't get the sense of service dog but of course I could be totally wrong. It just caught me by surprise

loveofamouse

i would like to clarify something. Animals used for comfort and support, even medically, do not REQUIRE accom. Only actual service animals apply to those laws. We looked into a dog for my aspie son and found that out.

Mammymouse

We were in the ladies room in Magic Kingdom over by Space Mountain on Thursday evening, Dec. 31 and I distinctly heard a dog barking in one of the stalls. I was standing outside the stalls waiting for my daughter and thought I was hearing things when it barked several times, but my daughter heard it, too. Then I thought maybe it was some kind of noise maker for defensive purposes, but it didn't sound like a ferocious German shepherd, more like a Yorky. Then two twentyish girls came out of a stall and had large purses so I assume the dog was inside one of the purses. And then coincidently as we were leaving the Park the two girls walked by us and I heard the dog barking again. I've never experienced that before. I have seen Service dogs, like Golden Labs though.

HouCuseChickie

Is there any chance what was seen/heard was a Furreal? DD4 has a Furreal Yorkie and she's pretty convincing at first glance, movement, and bark. DD4 dressed as Dorothy from Wizard of Oz for Halloween and carried her Furreal Yorkie as her Toto (since it was as close as we were going to get to a Cairn Terrier)- and there were quite a few neighbors who thought she was carrying a real dog. I know- I wasn't there and didn't see or hear it, just a crazy thought that it might be something like DD4's toy.

Disneygal1

I heard you can bring animals to the animal kingdom, but not inside the park. Usually it's right before you get in with the park tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom