Proud to be British

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
dopey said:
Is "cracker pulling" something naughty?
A cracker (amongst other things) is a reference to a Chrismas Cracker - a brightly coloured decorated tube filled with a seasonal gift, a paper hat and a cr*p joke. Crackers are pulled during the Christmas Day meal, one person will win the contents and the other will re-joice in the knowledge that they don't have to wear a stupid looking paper hat while they eat their meal

dopey

It all makes sense now. I love any holiday tradition that ends up with someone getting seriously injured.

There's a game we play around the holidays called "Robber's Bunco" that results in emotional hurt.

In short, every time you roll a seven you get to steal a wrapped present (always cr*p) from somebody else. The fun starts when you take presents from the children and make them cry.

It might be interesting to combine your silly tradition with our own silly tradition for a whole new silly tradition. At least it'll give the kids a second chance to get a cr*p gift -- or a broken arm.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
dopey said:
It all makes sense now. I love any holiday tradition that ends up with someone getting seriously injured.

A Scottish Hogmanay for example..................

your not from that place where they chase a cheese down a hill side are you?

Is that cheddar gourge?

dopey

Pumbas Nakasak said:
A Scottish Hogmanay for example..................

your not from that place where they chase a cheese down a hill side are you?

Is that cheddar gourge?

I've heard of that cheese-chasing event. We're not that ambitious here in the suburbs of Chicago.

If our cheese rolls away, we just buy another one at the nearest warehouse club. I ain't chasing no cheese.

barnum42

CAPTAIN HOOK said:
A cracker (amongst other things) is a reference to a Chrismas Cracker - a brightly coloured decorated tube filled with a seasonal gift, a paper hat and a cr*p joke. Crackers are pulled during the Christmas Day meal, one person will win the contents and the other will re-joice in the knowledge that they don't have to wear a stupid looking paper hat while they eat their meal
Box of crackers

ChristmasCrackersR.jpg

Diners wearing hats from crackers:

52954768.DiveClubChristmasParty2005003.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom