Pros/cons Swan & Dolphin

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Do stores normally deliver to S&D? Our trip isn’t until 2022. A way off I know but I’m already researching! 😊

I don't remember if they do the delivery to the Swan & Dolphin in normal times. I've only stayed at the Swan once (I really liked it though) and I can't remember if we did the package delivery or not. I want to say they do but can't remember.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Do stores normally deliver to S&D? Our trip isn’t until 2022. A way off I know but I’m already researching! 😊

Yes, from the S&D website:

7. Package Delivery: Guests of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin enjoy complimentary delivery of your shopping bags from within the Disney parks to your hotel. So you can enjoy the parks even more.

dave&di

Original Poster
I don't remember if they do the delivery to the Swan & Dolphin in normal times. I've only stayed at the Swan once (I really liked it though) and I can't remember if we did the package delivery or not. I want to say they do but can't remember.
The do apparently. Glad you liked The Swan, we‘re still unsure what one to choose!

dave&di

Original Poster
Yes, from the S&D website:

7. Package Delivery: Guests of the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin enjoy complimentary delivery of your shopping bags from within the Disney parks to your hotel. So you can enjoy the parks even more.
Excellent, another pro! Thanks for your help.

HouCuseChickie

We've stayed at Swan before. We missed being able to use our magic bands as room keys and for charging, but it was still worth it to me for the convenience and room size. We had stayed at POR the trip before we stayed at the Swan, and while I liked all of the little Disney touches at POR and around the resort, I was willing to part with that for a bigger room that was walking distance to Epcot and HS. We also had a view of HS and BW, my parents could see AK, and I think my brother could see Epcot on our last stay at Swan, so what you miss in Disney inside the room can often be made up for by what you see outside. We had a car that trip and didn't deal with buses that much, but my parents and brother have stayed at Swan and Dolphin a number of times and will often opt for a bus to another Epcot area resort if there's no bus ready to head back to Swan and Dolphin. As for preferences, I believe Dolphin still has double beds while the Swan has queens...so we prefer the Swan.

dave&di

Original Poster
We've stayed at Swan before. We missed being able to use our magic bands as room keys and for charging, but it was still worth it to me for the convenience and room size. We had stayed at POR the trip before we stayed at the Swan, and while I liked all of the little Disney touches at POR and around the resort, I was willing to part with that for a bigger room that was walking distance to Epcot and HS. We also had a view of HS and BW, my parents could see AK, and I think my brother could see Epcot on our last stay at Swan, so what you miss in Disney inside the room can often be made up for by what you see outside. We had a car that trip and didn't deal with buses that much, but my parents and brother have stayed at Swan and Dolphin a number of times and will often opt for a bus to another Epcot area resort if there's no bus ready to head back to Swan and Dolphin. As for preferences, I believe Dolphin still has double beds while the Swan has queens...so we prefer the Swan.
Thanks for your input, really helpful. Luckily we’ve never been to WDW since the introduction of Magic bands so we won’t miss that! As you say the convenience of walking to Epcot/HS appears to be a bigger pro than the Disney touches, I’m still struggling whether to go with my heart (go back to POFQ) or my head (try Swan or Dolphin). Another great point is to return to the resort there are other buses to chose from. We would definitely try and book a ‘resort view’ so even through it’s not ‘Disney’ inside, we would see ‘Disney’ outside! 😁

Capsin4

Haven’t stayed at either yet, but I’ve been looking into it for this winter.

Swan has double beds which is a nogo for us, but seems to have better options for 5+.

If you’re considering a moderate for the food, Caribbean Beach is a good option. It has good access to the skyliner and a short gondola ride from Epcot/boardwalk area and DHS. We stayed there about 10 years ago and didn’t care for the size of the resort or the decor but it’s changed since then. Room remodel looks nicer and many rooms furtherst from the main are were demolished for the Riviera resort. Pirate rooms are further from everything so unless you book one of those you’ll be close to one of the two skylines stops. The other two clusters of rooms are preferred level and surround the main area.

Price is the big difference for us. Christmas week is about $100 more at CBR unless they come up with a discount. That’s including resort fees and a AAA discount at Dolphin.

We do like the food courts for breakfast and Swolphin doesn’t seem to have one Other than coffee and pastries.

Small consolation Is you can walk to mini golf from Swolphin but that’s minuscule.

Epcotfan21

Haven’t stayed at either yet, but I’ve been looking into it for this winter.

Swan has double beds which is a nogo for us, but seems to have better options for 5+.

If you’re considering a moderate for the food, Caribbean Beach is a good option. It has good access to the skyliner and a short gondola ride from Epcot/boardwalk area and DHS. We stayed there about 10 years ago and didn’t care for the size of the resort or the decor but it’s changed since then. Room remodel looks nicer and many rooms furtherst from the main are were demolished for the Riviera resort. Pirate rooms are further from everything so unless you book one of those you’ll be close to one of the two skylines stops. The other two clusters of rooms are preferred level and surround the main area.

Price is the big difference for us. Christmas week is about $100 more at CBR unless they come up with a discount. That’s including resort fees and a AAA discount at Dolphin.

We do like the food courts for breakfast and Swolphin doesn’t seem to have one Other than coffee and pastries.

Small consolation Is you can walk to mini golf from Swolphin but that’s minuscule.
Slight correction. It's the Dolphin that has the double beds. Swan has King or 2 Queen options.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Stayed at both hotels over the years. My preference is the SWAN because it's smaller, and more charming. I like how both hotels are close together so that you can enjoy restaurants, and pools in either one. The location between EPCOT and DHS is great, too.

I never minded the bus service -- about the same as any Disney resort going to/from the various parks. Although they may host conventions at both hotels at various times during the year, it's never been an issue or interfered with any of my visits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom