pros and cons please....

goofy5380

Original Poster
Just booked a week at AKL Kadani for sept 2020 wife and i have always stayed at Jambo house
thought we'd give Kadani a try

any have any thoughts ?

thank you !

Weather_Lady

We recently went through the same thing. We ended up choosing Jambo, but there are wonderful aspects to both and the differences seem quite minor. I found these articles and previous discussion threads helpful in figuring out the differences between the two -- perhaps they'll assist you as well. (Note that we rented DVC points, so some of these are comparing and contrasting DVC rooms.) Also, older articles leave out the fact that Sanaa (at Kidani Village) now serves a CS breakfast.

Last edited:

correcaminos

We love AKL as a whole, but far prefer Kidani to Jambo. If doing a 1 bedroom or above you get an extra bathroom and a little more space. I find the savanna on Kidani is better. I prefer parking under the hotel so the car doesn't stay out in the sun. I love how quiet and relaxing it feels. We find everything about the pool better at Kidani. The QS is at the pool as an FYI. Sanaa is our favorite restaurant so it's nice to be there. The community hall is at Kidani and a lot of fun. First on and off going to the parks.

Negatives?
A long walk to the Mara if you need more QS options
The lobby is smaller

Club Cooloholic

We love AKL as a whole, but far prefer Kidani to Jambo. If doing a 1 bedroom or above you get an extra bathroom and a little more space. I find the savanna on Kidani is better. I prefer parking under the hotel so the car doesn't stay out in the sun. I love how quiet and relaxing it feels. We find everything about the pool better at Kidani. The QS is at the pool as an FYI. Sanaa is our favorite restaurant so it's nice to be there. The community hall is at Kidani and a lot of fun. First on and off going to the parks.

Negatives?
A long walk to the Mara if you need more QS options
The lobby is smaller
I am going to be doing Kidani(at leat the plan so far) for the first time next trip as well after twice staying in a regular Jambo room. I chose Kidani because of the bigger room (2-bed), and to change it up. We have a standard view.
Two pros and cons I have figured out are...
Pro- The pool bar is nice at Kidani because you can actually observe some animals right there.
Con- Unlike Jambo that has several viewing areas scattered throughout the wings of the hotel, I think Kidani only has some windows...no area to sit and look other than the main area by the lobby.

nickys

Premium Member
A lot of the resort activities are at Jambo Lodge, but it’s an easy 10 minute walk between the two (albeit not a scenic one). Or there’s a shuttle bus.

I prefer the pool area at Kidani, and it has a bonus of a viewing area to Pembe savannah where the red river hogs are, but you can use both pools. The gym is at the entrance to the pool area, not sure if Jambo has it’s own gym.

The outlook at Kidani is right outside Sana’a, so you can take a drink outside very easily.

There are places to view the animals along the hallways certainly on the entrance level, which is technically the third floor (I think).

Lilofan

Something unique about DAK Jambo area is that before the alligator attack that killed the little boy at the GF resort there were very few alligators warning signs like we see today in every body of water in WDW. At the DAK guest tennis courts there is a very little sign behind the fence line/retention pond of the tennis courts which warns guests of alligators that has been there for almost 10 years.

correcaminos

I am going to be doing Kidani(at leat the plan so far) for the first time next trip as well after twice staying in a regular Jambo room. I chose Kidani because of the bigger room (2-bed), and to change it up. We have a standard view.
Two pros and cons I have figured out are...
Pro- The pool bar is nice at Kidani because you can actually observe some animals right there.
Con- Unlike Jambo that has several viewing areas scattered throughout the wings of the hotel, I think Kidani only has some windows...no area to sit and look other than the main area by the lobby.
Nope, there is seating on balconies in areas at Kidani. You can also do it from the Community Hall if all the rockers are full.

The Kidani pool bar is amazing honestly. The view is a part of it too That's where the okapi are though IIRC.

We found we also liked the activities at Kidani more than Jambo. Forgot that as well.
There are places to view the animals along the hallways certainly on the entrance level, which is technically the third floor (I think).
I'm horrible with numbers but I am 99% sure it is the 2nd floor. One floor down is Sanaa which is the bottom level.

When we were there the buses were shared between the two, and Kidani was the first pick-up/drop-off. That was amazing. It was inconvenient to travel to Mara in order to have more food options, but overall we liked Kidani.

Club Cooloholic

Nope, there is seating on balconies in areas at Kidani. You can also do it from the Community Hall if all the rockers are full.

The Kidani pool bar is amazing honestly. The view is a part of it too That's where the okapi are though IIRC.

We found we also liked the activities at Kidani more than Jambo. Forgot that as well.

I'm horrible with numbers but I am 99% sure it is the 2nd floor. One floor down is Sanaa which is the bottom level.
I meant along the hallways, in Jambo the buildings have them, at mid points in the wings, not just near the lobby. See below thread...

correcaminos

I meant along the hallways, in Jambo the buildings have them, at mid points in the wings, not just near the lobby. See below thread...
Ah gotcha. I like the ones at Kidani enough though. We'll be using them if our standard view on our next trip has a lousy view. I guess as much as Jambo wow'd me when it opened my heart went to Kidani after doing multiple stays and visits.

nickys

Premium Member

Well I sat in the huge window areas all along the hallways and looked out onto the savannah. And you can go out onto balcony areas too.

He did say he may have missed them; he definitely did!

Club Cooloholic

Ah gotcha. I like the ones at Kidani enough though. We'll be using them if our standard view on our next trip has a lousy view. I guess as much as Jambo wow'd me when it opened my heart went to Kidani after doing multiple stays and visits.
A few standards have some animal views I think, but they tend to be pretty far from the lobby

imsosarah

Ohh! Nice. We were a bit unimpressed after visiting just for dinner at Saana - and the pool was under construction so we did the jambo and likely got used to it.

Not OP but love getting a little insight and maybe giving Kidani a try!

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I wouldn't stay at Kidani if Jambo is available. The wow factor of the lobby makes such a big difference, and the lack of QS at Kidani is a dealbreaker for me.

eliza61nyc

Love kidani, although in the interest of full disclosure I always stay there so can't compare it to Jambo. I love the smaller size, the pool is amazing.
20180415_072108.jpg
20180413_115445.jpg
20180413_174553.jpg

Pirate's Life

We have stayed at both but prefer Kidani for a lot of the same reasons mentioned above:

1. extra bathroom in the 1 bedroom suite
2. we bring our car so parking under the rooms is a nice feature, plus you can essentially park near your room
3. buses pick up and drop off first which is essential because we've seen people at Jambo have to wait for the next bus
4. it's a little more peaceful
5. quick walk or drive to Jambo for the larger gift shop and additional restaurants

Simba’s Mom

I've stayed at both, and I much prefer Jambo. I LOVE the lobby, and I'm not impressed with Kidani's. Both times I've stayed at Kidani, I've requested main floor and close to lobby. The first time, I was about 4 rooms from the far end, and on the 3rd floor. Next time we were a little closer (in actuality, Less far), and at least on the main (lobby) floor. Also at Jambo, if you want "cozy", the Sunset Lounge, in back of the front desk, really fits the bill. The food offerings are better. And the one time my luggage was lost was when I stayed at Kidani-the front desk had delivered it to an empty room, and it sat there for about 6 hours, until they finally located it for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom