Pros and Cons of Bonnett Creek

redsox68

Original Poster
Hello all,
Not sure if this should be posted here or not but considering Bonnett Creek is in WDW I figured I'd give it a shot. Me and my girlfriend (both 23) are going to WDW in late April for her cousins cheer competition thats in WDW. Her aunt who is also going can get us a special rate at Bonnett Creek which is where she is staying as well. My question is what are the Pros Vs the Cons of staying there? I havent been to WDW since I was 6 so I really dont know much about it. Like will I pay to park at each park I go to if I stay at Bonnett? Will I be able to use the monorail? Etc etc etc.....Thanks!

ParentsOf4

Wyndham Bonnet Creek (WBC) is located near Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. It is closer to the theme parks than the Downtown Disney (DTD) hotels and even some WDW hotels. If you have your own car, it's essentially on property.

It's often possible to get a 2-bedroom suite (3 separate rooms) for around $100/night on eBay. The suite includes 2 bedrooms and a combined living room & full kitchen with dining table, larger than a Disney Vacation Club (DVC) 2-bedroom villa (which can cost over $1000/night).

WBC is conveniently located near I-4, making it easy to visit Universal.

WBC runs an hourly shuttle to WDW. (We prefer the convenience of driving to the parks.)

We've rented WBC via eBay a couple of times. The rooms were OK. They were large but the best materials are not used. This is a common complaint for timeshares. Maintenance is average, typical for many WDW-area hotels.

WBC has a number of pools, including a couple of lazy rivers. It's fun hopping between pools on hot days.

Parking is a problem. WBC consists of several high-rise towers. Some offer excellent views of WDW fireworks. However, the configuration (lots of people in a tall building) means that finding a nearby parking spot can be difficult.

The biggest knock against WBC is that it's not a Disney hotel. If you want to see Hidden Mickey's everywhere, then stay at a WDW hotel.

If you want to save a lot of money while having extra space, then stay at WBC. :)

Last edited:

WDWoptmist

We are 23 and 24 and have stayed at the hotel portion of Wyndham Bonnet Creek a few times (Wyndham Grand) and it is very nice especially for the price. We're both AP's and relatively local (Tampa) so driving is no problem and parking is no problem so I cant really help there. But are you staying in a timeshare or the hotel? As for pros and cons, (going based on hotel not timeshare) The rooms are much more bang for your buck, sprawling property with several nice/relaxing pools that have a more adult feel than some Disney Resorts (could be a pro or a con but if you're both 23 then probably a pro), Deep Blu is one of the best restaurants on Disney Property and nobody really knows about it also get the lobster mac from the bar its awesome, and if you have a car you are a quick drive to everything really. Cons would be the obvious lack of that Disney feel much like the Downtown Disney resorts and limited transportation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom