Proposing to my Girlfriend at Disney World.

mightduck748

Me and my girlfriend is going to Disneyworld in June and I plan on Proposing to her there. I would like to get some ideas on this matter, can anyone help?

MagicalMonorail

I've heard some really great advice in the past. Try to propose right by Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom at night during the firework show. It will be very magical and romantic. Also, talk to one if the employees there( called Cast Members) and ask them to take a picture of you.

You can also ask them to have a character come out at a certain time. Just tell them what you are doing and they might make it happen. Remember to try and get your girlfriend's favorite character.

Upvote 0

MagicalMonorail

Don't worry, Tinkerbell will be there. ;) Just keep your eyes towards the castle and you'll see what I mean. This would probably be the best time to pop the question.

Upvote 0

Chape19714

Ask the question when the Wishes music starts, so by the time she says yes, Tinkerbell will fly overhead. Pop the question in the gardens over between the two bridges on the east side of main street, it's probally a perfect place, as tinkerbell will fly overhead. Ask a CM for perfect timing!!

Upvote 0

mightduck748

Original Poster
Does Tinkerbell fly like at disneyland? If so where does she start and end? Can you see her when she ends her trip? Disneyland we allways she when she hits the wall. Do you know if you can see her from Californa Grill?

Upvote 0

ZHoyt

to me, proposing in the park itself lacks romance. think about watching the fireworks from the beach of the grand floridian and asking there, or possibly the california grill observation deck, but that gets crowded during fireworks.

i think if you're going for a fireworks proposal, try watching the illuminations fireworks from the small deck outside atlantic dance on the boardwalk.

there are tons of great places to propose at WDW, be creative!

Upvote 0

Dizzknee

I resent that statement^^^ ;)

I just got engaged in March (14th to be exact) and it was the best moment of my life!!!!!!!

I waited till the beginning of wishes. I knew all along I would do it then so I set it up all day..making her make wishes and things like that...We stood near the castle and when the moment felt right, I dropped to my knee! Her face was priceless.

I feel that any spot in disney (except bathrooms..lol) will be a great place. Just do what your heart tells you and you can't go wrong! She's be happy no matter what...

Good Luck and congrats!!!

Upvote 0

Disneygrl36

As for Tinker Bell, she starts her flight at the top of the castle & flies away over Tommorrowland & no you can't see her "land." Go to the bridge between the castle & tomorrowland for a great view or the restaurant there in tomorrowland with the terraces & get down to the very bottom terrace right under the wire. You could also make reservations for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table & time it for the fireworks starting as you finish up & proposing there....a little more intimate than out in the crowd watching the fireworks. They dim the lights & it is quite beautiful & romantic in there especially if you can get a window seat. Good luck & from this Disney freak...congratulations on being a Disney romantic. :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

taholden

I asked my GF to marry me in December at the wishing well in MK. I consulted with Gifts of a Lifetime to help and they did a tremendous job. We first went to the wishing well where I told her to close her eyes and count to 100 and she would see something awesome. When she started counting I walked away and a person from Gifts of a Lifetime showed me to an area where I could watch everything unfold. She was given a series of notes with messages from me and had to go to different areas of the park to get the next note in each series. Finally she returned to the wishing well where I was waiting on one knee with the ring in a glass slipper.

Every single person who has heard this said it was the most romantic proposal they ever heard of.

Tim

Upvote 0

BigAL

Propose

I porposed to my wife in the rose garden using an engagement package through Disney. They roped off the entire garden for the event. However, they no longer offer this service.

Upvote 0

LivefortheMouse

It would be nice to have dinner at Cinderellas royal table tell them ur propossing and ask them if u can have reservations around fireworks time ask them if u guyus can have a window seat. Then u can ask while she is amazed looking at the fireworks by the window try to get her to sit by the window. On can also see if they let u dress like the prince ask the cast memebers they might let u do it and that will make asking at cinderellas by the window during fireworks twice as magical. Good luck and ur girlfriend is very lucky. im going to disney this summer with my boyfriend from almost 5 years and i dont think im getting a propossal. :(

Upvote 0

ajerdee

I proposed to my girlfriend toward the end of the Wishes fireworks show with no special arrangements. She seemed to love it and was VERY surprised. I had been planning the trip for months, but my plans were messed up. I planned on going to MK and proposing to her on the first night during the fireworks, staying at the Caribbean Beach resort, and then going to Epcot to celebrate the next day. I was very surprised when the fireworks seemed to have been switched at the two parks for the two dates. We ended up going to Epcot the day before (and even getting in a small spat that day, which she felt very bad about, even to this day) then going to MK the next day. So, my advice to you is to make sure you have your dates and arrangements straight, just don't over plan and give things away. I actually carried a backpack with me for both days at both parks with my ring box in one of the pockets. Every time she would try to get out her lip chap or water I had to remind her not to go digging around without being obvious. It was kind of funny actually.

The only problem with proposing during the fireworks on a busy night is that you get really cramped and it might be kind of uncomfortable getting down on one knee and proposing while there are a bunch of people around. Which I did, by the way. The other people around us really got a kick out of it which made it kind of fun too. Unfortunately we had to drive home to Venice that night, a 2 1/2 hour drive. It was magical though, we listened to our new Disney CD all the way home.

GOOD LUCK!

Upvote 0

disneyisbest

Originally posted by mightduck748
girlfriend's favorite character is tinkerbell, I dont think I could get her favorite charater.
If her favortie character is tinkerbell. Why don't you propose while you are riding Peter Pan's flight. Not too mention it is a romantic ride in itself.(I didn't take the time to read further so I don't know if someone has suggested this yet. If they had. Sorry)

Upvote 0

Sloan

It worked for me

It worked great for me - during the Illuminations show. Don't jump the gun - wait until it's the right time - watch her face and eyes - it's going to be a wonderful moment to remember. If Tinkerbell is her favorite, I agree with MagicalMonorail - you'll know the perfect moment!

Upvote 0

ajerdee

I agree, you can sort of get that feeling. I had thoughts of doing in the first night we were on our trip, but since she was in a bad mood I held it off. You can tell when it's right.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom