News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Prince Thomas

They have guts for trying. That was Walt’s crown jewel. I just love the music. I believe Richard Sherman is consulting with the music. If they would do a dark ride, I hope they are se music from the orginial.
The movie is honestly practically perfect in every way!!!! For me to do a sequel to Mary Poppins it has to be just as good...and to be honest, Ive never liked ANY of Disney's sequels. Glad to heard Mr. Sherman is being used for his expertise.

njDizFan

The attraction in the UK I'm most interested in is the return of half-yard glasses at the Rose & Crown. 🍺

_1D_2159.jpg
Bravo Sir! I have my collection in storage ready for the proper occasion. Why did they get rid of these anyway? It's only a half a yard afterall...

discos

I too enjoy Festival of the Lion King more than the bloated Lion King Broadway musical, but that doesn't make Festival Broadway caliber. Broadway caliber is an overused term that means the show would fit in, or thrive, on Broadway where it would be amongst peers. Festival, while a wonderful, thrilling show, is not that.

Disney likes to say their theme park and cruise line shows are Broadway caliber, but like...they aren't.
I'd argue and say that Finding Nemo & Frozen at DCA are the only Disney theme park shows so far that are of professional Equity Broadway production quality. They also seem to use a lot of performers with Broadway, Equity National Tour and Equity regional theatre credits. Heck, Finding Nemo the musical is 10x better than that blow-up castle production of Tarzan on Broadway. I think a lot of guests generally don't like Finding Nemo because it's not your typical campy theme park show. Being an actor and performer myself I can definitely appreciate Finding Nemo so much more than FOTLK, although FOTLK is entertaining.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'd argue and say that Finding Nemo & Frozen at DCA are the only Disney theme park shows so far that are of professional Equity Broadway production quality. They also seem to use a lot of performers with Broadway, Equity National Tour and Equity regional theatre credits. Heck, Finding Nemo the musical is 10x better than that blow-up castle production of Tarzan on Broadway. I think a lot of guests generally don't like Finding Nemo because it's not your typical campy theme park show. Being an actor and performer myself I can definitely appreciate Finding Nemo so much more than FOTLK, although FOTLK is entertaining.

I would agree - Nemo and Frozen are the only ones that are at or near Broadway quality. The new Beauty and the Beast show on the Dream also looks promising, but I haven't had a chance to see it.

trainplane3

Who is this kid? I haven't heard of him before.
He's been around for a while. He puts some pretty good production into his videos, even if they are kind of clickbaity. Personally, he needs to slow his talking down a bit and stop making Every other Word seem MORE important Then the LAST.

Mildly annoying...
Can't really disagree with that right now. I'm hopeful he can at least slow down a bit personally. That'd help a lot.

Notes from Neverland

Here's where I'm lost on this whole Instagram "insider" thing. Disney isn't stupid. They, like any other company that monitors its own online presence, have surely seen these stories pop up. It shouldn't be that hard to connect the dots to who this "insider" is, if it's genuine. I'd have expected the source to go silent by now ... if it's legitimate.

rioriz

Here's where I'm lost on this whole Instagram "insider" thing. Disney isn't stupid. They, like any other company that monitors its own online presence, have surely seen these stories pop up. It shouldn't be that hard to connect the dots to who this "insider" is, if it's genuine. I'd have expected the source to go silent by now ... if it's legitimate.

As of now there has not been anything that has been outed that is not either very true or authentic... From this Imagineer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom