News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

BenJacobs

IP is irrelevant if the attraction is well done. Most people, especially kids these days, wouldn't have any clue that Splash Mountain is based on an IP.

Current management won't install rides in WDW that aren't IP based, and at least Mary Poppins is properly located in England (I'm looking at you Frozen). Whether IP should be installed in EPCOT, is of course a separate debate of opinion.

The thing is, what about Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, they're in the UK too, that's why I'd want a ride that goes through all of the landscapes and attraction in the whole of the UK, to show that it isn't just London.

Kman101

We're not trying to argue with you @Benjlufc but you were stating an opinion as a fact. There's a difference. You can have any opinion you want, that's what makes a discussion board go 'round ...

BenJacobs

Erm, as a U.K. resident, yes they do. I have tons of London born friends that speak with a strong cockney accent. And, if of a certain class, a beautiful accent like Mary Poppins. The U.K. has tons of different accents, and those are a few of them.

I just want to fight the stereotype that we are all either Cockney or super-posh.

wdwgreek

We can deduce that 1. an attraction is being considered, 2. Its a Uk based IP, 3. one of which is Poppins, however its not his favorite. beyond that its up to us to put pieces together, ask the right questions, and brainstorm possibilities.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
The fact is that this the opinion of the majority, families wont want to ride if their kids will have no idea what's going on.
Really, how many children (or adults for that matter) know the story of Song of the South? And yet, it is definitely one of the MK's most popular attractions.

15 year olds high on Easter sugar ... ugh! :banghead::hilarious:

BenJacobs

Really, how many children (or adults for that matter) know the story of Song of the South? And yet, it is definitely one of the MK's most popular attractions.

15 year olds high on Easter sugar ... ugh! :banghead::hilarious:

But Splash Mountain isn't trying to be like the film, people aren't expected to know of or have watched the film, so it is eccentially an unrelated ride.

wdwgreek

But Splash Mountain isn't trying to be like the film, people aren't expected to know of or have watched the film, so it is eccentially an unrelated ride.
It uses the songs from the film, the charterers from the film, and it ties together the three animated shorts from the film into a continuous story. Its is very much a related ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom