Proposal ideas

Zeb

Original Poster
Need some ideas, me and my girl have been dating for 5 years, June of 2014 us and her whole family are goin to Disney world. This is my first time ever goin, so i really wonna make it memorable, i was wondering if anyone knows if you can dress up as mickey, i wonna dress up as mickey and get down on one knee, then take the head off and then she sees me. Any ideas or anything would be appreciated. Thanks

Sweet Melissa

You definitely cannot dress as Mickey in the parks. The cast would never let you in the gates that way because they wouldn't want children approaching a random stranger. I wouldn't even want to think of what would happen if you took the head off the costume in a public area. You might cause some heart attacks among management! :p

Some popular proposal spots at the Magic Kingdom are Snow White's wishing well, the rose garden, or near the castle during fireworks. Would you want to get her family in on the plan? Maybe you could orchestrate something like this:

splashproposal.jpg

Zeb

Original Poster
Good point with the mickey suit and the kids, never even crossed my mind. Lol. Definatly would get her family involved. I jus have no idea what to do. Lol. 26 yrs old and never been there. And i dont want do what everybody else is doin.

Sweet Melissa

What is she like? Does she have any favorite Disney movies or characters? Is she quiet or outgoing? Would she get a kick out of a public proposal, or would she prefer something more intimate?

Zeb

Original Poster
Shes pretty out going, i know one of the nights we are there her aunt is taking everyone to dinner, but her aunt wont tell anyone where she is takin us, and im afraid that if i tell her why i wonna know she will blow my cover. Lol. I would only get her lil cousins involved. And no idea what disney movie or characters she likes, sad i know.

Zeb

Original Poster
Her and her parents havnt been since she was little and the rest of her family goes 2 times and year, 20-25 family

Sweet Melissa

Wow, so that's a big group! Are you guys going to be touring the parks together the whole time, or do you think you'll break off and do your own thing? The reason I ask is because we've done the extended family trip before, and you have to be REALLY flexible and prepared to move around the parks very slowly if you stay in a large group. So my suggestions might be different if you spend the whole time with extended family vs. having some time alone.

Zeb

Original Poster
Yes parks the whole time, we will be there 5 days, i know that we are gonna some things as a group, but what i have no idea. I'd like to do something with everyone around, jus because i know that they will be jus as happy as her.

Sweet Melissa

Then I honestly think the best thing will be to just go with the flow and do it when it feels right. Maybe tell people that you want to get a group picture, then pop the question when you have everyone's attention. It's too hard to plan a really specific moment with a group that big.

Zeb

Original Poster
Thanks for the help, i like that idea. :) i do have 9 months yet too. Lol. Sure ill have a million differnt ideas

danpam1024

or get help from the pixies! http://giftsofalifetime.com/. Or something private, have the room decorated http://disneyworld.disneyfloralandgifts.com/home.do and she can show up to dinner and see who notices first :D
Locations:
On the ferry with the castle in sight
In front of the tree of life
On the far end of the boardwalk- there's a gazebo on the water
If she's loud and crazy- try to orchestrate something at Jellyrolls
In Epcot- ask her favorite country and do something there- "I proposed in France" or "a butterfly garden in the UK"

SaraJ732

Some places I personally like are in front of the castle at night maybe right before or after the fireworks, or maybe on her favorite ride (Its a Small World is a classic)

Weather_Lady

DH and I are always "all about the food." If he was going to ask me to marry him during a big family trip to Disney, I'd have wanted it to be a proposal made during dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (which is located inside the Magic Kingdom's castle). You could always say to her aunt, just to be safe, "I was hoping we could all have dinner in Cinderella Castle -- that's not where you were planning on taking everyone, is it?")

nolatron

Personally, I'd do it when it's just the two of yall. Less pressure on both of yall and more intimate for the occasion.

Just don't involve Disney. Too many times have I heard of them ruining the surprise by accident.

M:SpilotISTC12

I just proposed in February. My plans got screwed up so I improvised. We were at MGM along Hollywood Blvd getting our picture taken by a Photopass photographer when I pulled the ring out of my pocket got on one knee. Everyone was surprised, even the photopass photographer. I knew that if I didn't get pictures of the proposal my future mother in law would kill me. So I was able to take out two birds with one stone so to speak. Good Luck! KCCO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom