Proposal Ideas???

tterrag24

Original Poster
Help me out please?
Im thinking of proposing to my girlfriend on our trip to Disney this summer.We have been together for 8 years(about time). I saw Disney has some packages but i don't know if i like any of them. Any ideas or past experience is appreciated

Donfan

We were having dinner at Artist's Point at the Wilderness Lodge one evening when a member of the staff came around to all the tables and said that a couple was about to be seated at a corner table and the guy was going to propose to the girl. After they ate, the guy got down on one knee and apparently did the proposal and the girl gave him a big hug. All the people eating there then cheered and applauded. This is apparently a common thing at Artist's Point and the staff seem more than willing to assist if they know ahead of time. Probably many of the other restaurants will do the same.

stlbobby

Check Victoria and Albert's. I am sure they have all kinds of ideas. Another good place might be the tea party at the Grand Floridian. I'm sure the CM's at either place could help you plan out something really special.

evilqueen916

What about a fireworks cruise? You will be on your own private pontoon boat but still be able to see the castle and fireworks!! Very romantic! Also, you can have a gift sent to the boat to help you out, such as a glass slipper, or a single rose and bracelet, something to present to her to help you do your thing!

Also, if you're wanting to incorporate dinner, California Grille is lovely, and again you will be able to see the fireworks! It sits on top of the Contemporary Resort, and overlooks the Magic Kingdom. I agree with Victoria and Albert's as well, it's a great idea and such a romantic place.

Here are some links to show you the places I'm talking about.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/bay-lake-tower-at-contemporary/dining/california-grill/

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/grand-floridian-resort-and-spa/dining/victoria-and-alberts/

And check this out as well, there is a section for engagements, just click on the engagements link on the left-hand side under occassions. http://www.disneyflorist.com

Hope this helps, good luck and best wishes!

Katie923

You can arrange for a scuba diver to swim up to your table at Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot. My now fiance did this for me for our 3rd anniversary, and you could put "Will you marry me?" on the sign instead!
Picture037.jpg

datw2@epcot

Simple yet Wonderful

My now husband of almost three years, surprised and proposed to me in Disney it was the best night of my life..

It was all the little things that he did that made it so special. We live in CT and it was October 2005- If you know CT the fall can be cold and rainy which this fall was the worst in a long time, there was even flooding in some parts of the state. We went down to Disney for one night. WOW- I seriously had no idea what was going on. He told me that he was taking me away for the night to celebrate his new job- I was allowed to bring one bag and warm cloths/bathing suit. We drove to the airport on Saturday Morning got on a flight that said Fort Lauderdale - but with a stop in Orlando-which I didn’t see. He told me we were going to Fort Lauderdale- I believed him. When we landed in my favorite airport- Orlando and got off the plane I was smiling from ear to ear. (Note my sister lives in FL and at this time just had a baby) I thought my sister would be picking us up and we would be staying with her, but then I see my Husband following the people with the Mickey hands to check into a Disney resort. At the counter I learned that we were staying at the Beach Club- My favorite resort. I kept asking him questions because I thought how can we afford this? Do I need to call out sick on Monday? Can I call my sister? He was stone cold and didn’t answer anything. I even got mad at him on the bus ride to the hotel because I wanted to see my sister and new niece. This quickly changed when we got to the hotel as we walked in to the beautiful beach club and were “welcomed back” by the captain I was turning right to go check in but he was pushing me forward. There straight ahead was my sister, brother-in-law and their new baby. I started crying right away.

We all went outside to have lunch at Beaches and Cream- best Burger in my life, we then spent the rest of the afternoon I the pool- He told me that we weren’t going to the park because it was too much money- I believed again. Then I learned when we checked in that we had a one day pass. I started not to believe him and just go with it.
He told me that we had to be somewhere at 6- it was our dinner reservation at Cape May- My favorite restaurant- I love Seafood and he hates it but went there for me. We then started our walk over to Epcot to watch our favorite show- Illuminations. We were watching it on the bridge between France and England- Best spot. But we were standing in the back- We never do this. As the World started to come out he took my hand and we walked to the Rose Gardens in England where he got down on his knee and told me “how special I was and asked would I marry him” I was speechless and just kept shacking my head. He picked me up and I screamed yes. The best part was the show was still going on so no one was around. We walked back to watch the rest of the show.

Remember it’s the little things- Like when it’s dark during the show and I wanted to see the ring- he pulled out a mini-flashlight- He really thought of everything.

Our wedding song was Promise which is played at the end of the show. We stayed in Epcot to listen to it and call everyone.
As we walked back we then sat on the beach in front of the hotel and just talked- BEST NIGHT EVER…
He even had breakfasted planned the next Day with My sister and the baby, then got on a plane and went home.

Remember do all the little things that make you two comfortable with each other and enjoy every minute- it will be perfect because of the love that you have for her- plan with your heart and let Disney take care of the Magic.

Nansafan

In August of 2006 my cousin proposed to his now wife during the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. I have posted this story before but it is always fun to tell it again.

Paul and Bre had been dating a couple years. Paul had done the College Program and wanted to share his love of Disney with Bre. They had joked that they would not get engaged unless it was at Disney. We (a group of 10 of us) had planning on staying at the Contemporary Resort. We had our reservations and everything was planned. Three weeks before we were to leave Paul called my brother and said that he was planning on proposing and would it be possible to change our ressie to the Poly, our fav resort. My bro called me and asked me to have the ressie changed but didn't say why, I called Pam and Kingdom Konsultants and she changed our ressie.

About the 3rd day of our trip, we had a dinner scheduled at the castle. We went to the MK as planned and started our day. I left the group and went into the Crystal shop and had champagne flutes etched with their names on it. We went back to the hotel for an afternoon swim and to shower before dinner. I picked up a bottle of champagne and left it in our fridge to chill.

While at dinner, some other guy proposed which just made Paul all the more nervous. After dinner was over we headed to Frontierland to wait for the parade, all the while Paul is pacing. We watched the parade and then went to the Plaza Rose Garden to wait for the fireworks. My brother had his video camera ready and our friend (a professional photographer) had her still camera ready. During Wishes Julie Andrews speaks a couple times. When she began her second voice over she says something like "remember Wishes do come true." It was then that Paul leaned over to Bre and whispered in her ear. "do you know what my wish is? My wish is for you to be my wife." Then he dropped to one knee. She turned to look at him and said, "is this a joke?" then she saw the ring, my brother with the camera and Laura with hers. She collapsed into his arms crying. All the people around us cheered. Later that night when we returned to the hotel, I presented them with the glasses and champagne, we all toasted and they went off to the Poly beach.

The next morning Laura and I woke early and headed to the MK to get the pics developed so that they could show their parents when they returned home. They've been back 3 times to WDW and each time they visit the Rose Garden.

munkgirl

This thread has me totally in tears.

I wouldn't exchange my fiance's proposal for the world* but I almost wish we could have our wedding at Disney.

That would be too cheesy and too expensive for us I think :(

*He proposed to me the night before my college graduation, at dinner where his grandparents met my family for the first time. Then we had chocolate cake and I was the happiest person in the whole world.

cball086

they don't do this anymore.

I thought this would be perfect since we are both scuba divers

You can arrange for a scuba diver to swim up to your table at Coral Reef Restaurant in Epcot. My now fiance did this for me for our 3rd anniversary, and you could put "Will you marry me?" on the sign instead!
Picture037.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom