Proof of Vaccination or Negative COVID Test required for theme parks soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmwade77

Original Poster
This seems to have slipped under the radar because it focuses mostly on indoor events, bit look closely, it states that outdoor gatherings of 10,000 or more will require proof of vaccination or negative COVID test as of Sept. 20 in California. I think that would also include theme parks, right? I only bring this up so people know to be prepared if that is indeed the case, as I would hate to see people turned away after spending a lot of money because they didn't know.

Also, this is not to be a debate about if this is good or bad, just asking if I am reading this correctly.

Last edited:

SoCalDisneyLover

That's a decision that would have to come from the individual parks, meaning Disney, Universal, 6 Flags, Cedar Fair, etc.

I doubt Disney would do that until they reach an agreement with the Cast Members Union.

More likely is a mask mandate outdoors as well as indoors.

cmwade77

Original Poster
No, theme parks are not included for whatever reason.
Where do you see theme parks are excluded? I have been looking, but haven't been able to find anywhere that specifically states theme parks are excluded. I have no real horse in this race, other than my friends and family that always ask me for details of what current policies are and want to tell them correctly.....for example if they don't need to get their kids under 12 tested, they likely won't.

No Name

Where do you see theme parks are excluded? I have been looking, but haven't been able to find anywhere that specifically states theme parks are excluded. I have no real horse in this race, other than my friends and family that always ask me for details of what current policies are and want to tell them correctly.....for example if they don't need to get their kids under 12 tested, they likely won't.
I first heard it from a friend who works in the company but I realize I actually misinterpreted what they said, my apologies. Two separate things changed in the last week… LA updated their mask mandate to include crowds of over 10,000, but their health department decided theme parks were exempt (the article at the bottom confirms such). Then the state announced the vaccine requirement, with an identical crowd level number, but it’s possible theme park won’t have the same exemption. It would be weird for one to apply and not the other but it’s totally possible.

Newtwo

I first heard it from a friend who works in the company but I realize I actually misinterpreted what they said, my apologies. Two separate things changed in the last week… LA updated their mask mandate to include crowds of over 10,000, but their health department decided theme parks were exempt (the article at the bottom confirms such). Then the state announced the vaccine requirement, with an identical crowd level number, but it’s possible theme park won’t have the same exemption. It would be weird for one to apply and not the other but it’s totally possible.

The LA County one is outdoors.

The State of California one is indoors.

Newtwo

Perfect example of how utterly confusing all these regulations are. How does a normal person keep track of what the rules are from place to place?
Well you have to have a masters degree to understand how Disney works and now you need one to understand the laws within California

mickEblu

This didn't take long. The state senate is trying to pass a statewide vaccine mandate before September 10th that would in fact make vaccines at Disneyland mandatory.

I wonder how that work lets say with annual passes. If one buys an annual pass before such a mandate and then a mandate is passed. If I don’t want to get vaccinated, am I out of luck? That could get tricky for Disney. Do they give you a refund or say “sorry not our problem.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamandua

I wonder how that work lets say with annual passes. If one buys an annual pass before such a mandate and then a mandate is passed. If I don’t want to get vaccinated, am I out of luck? That could get tricky for Disney.
Oh I think Disney would just say that they offer access to the parks subject to government requirements and tell you that you're SOL.

cmwade77

Original Poster
I wonder how that work lets say with annual passes. If one buys an annual pass before such a mandate and then a mandate is passed. If I don’t want to get vaccinated, am I out of luck? That could get tricky for Disney. Do they give you a refund or say “sorry not our problem.”
Honestly, while I am completely against mandatory vaccines and requiring proof of vaccines, if it becomes law, then Disney's only real choice is to say "sorry, not our problem" and enough of that and we will see more vaccinations. But doing things like say giving $100 credit to those that are vaccinated would do far more to encourage vaccinations. They could even setup a mobile vaccination clinic outside the gates.

The carrot ALWAYS yields better results than the stick, so long as the carrot is actually a carrot and not a lottery for a carrot. In other words give something of substantial value and not just a chance at it.

cmwade77

Original Poster
Not a chance. It's even more absurd that they're doing this as vaccine efficacy rates crater. It only makes our departure from this fascist state more certain.
They are still good at preventing the very serious long term negative health effects. To me that alone is reason to get vaccinated, but I believe everyone should be free to choose for themselves without fear that there will be things that they can't do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom