Proof of Age?

I was always honest about my kids ages. The real deciding factor besides the obvious integrity issue, is the choice to participate in the dining plan. Now your child will be 2 as far as WDW is concerned. Were there anything besides food that is age-limited, that could come into play. I don't think there is, but I haven't had ones that young in more than a decade so I'm not sure. When someone asks you, as you pass fastpass, how old your cute child is, and you respond 2 because a castmember is there, and your child corrects you because, gasp, they aren't 2 anymore, will you feel weird? I'm not telling you what you should do, I'm just bringing up the scenarios that may or may not work for you.

I've had many 5 year old assert they are 7 so that mommy wouldn't have to be bothered ridding with them, although the children themselves are fine saying they are 5.

It all depends on to what lengths one wants to...alter the truth for their convenience.

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
Whoooo... Some of those were harsh!

I'm looking into various options and haven't made decisions. My daughter is special needs and has sensory processing disorder and likely will have many difficulties with the trip. I'd like to avoid needing to request a GAC, so a low crowd time of year is necessary. I'm also paying for my mother to come, including an extra room for her so that we have a three adult to two child ratio which will be necessary if my daughter starts to collapse. So, the cost of the trip is getting high and I'm looking at various options.

The kid has no idea when her birthday is and by going a few days after her birthday, I give us the possibility for a decent trip. I can personally sleep okay at night passing off my 3 year, 4 day old as a 2 year, 364 day old. It doesn't mean I will, we very well may decide to just buy the ticket anyway. We are hoping to book during free dining, but even if we don't get a dining package, the lack of children's meal is probably ok.

That said, I very much understand where all of you are coming from.

bostonpayne

My family goes to Disney World at least once a year. I've had my son questioned at the door what his date of birth was because my two year old looked like a 3 year old that's just how he's built. As long as you figure out the DOB before you go so you aren't fumbling when they ask you then you are all set. With the amount of money you spend in the park I would have done the same thing!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
My family goes to Disney World at least once a year. I've had my son questioned at the door what his date of birth was because my two year old looked like a 3 year old that's just how he's built. As long as you figure out the DOB before you go so you aren't fumbling when they ask you then you are all set. With the amount of money you spend in the park I would have done the same thing!
It would be interesting to find out what they did, almost five years ago.....

Weather_Lady

Welcome to the forums! Just a quick etiquette reminder: please don't bump threads that are several years old unless there's a really good reason to do so.

Signed,
Someone Who Did It Too ;)

Last edited:

DrummerAlly

Original Poster
It would be interesting to find out what they did, almost five years ago.....
Well since it was already bumped... Like I mentioned in that original post, my oldest kiddo has autism and we decided that she wasn't quite ready for the trip, so we pushed it out one more year and we went during the low crowd week following labor day as a just-turned-four year old and paid accordingly with her age. We're planning our return trip back now - she's thrilled.

correcaminos

Well since it was already bumped... Like I mentioned in that original post, my oldest kiddo has autism and we decided that she wasn't quite ready for the trip, so we pushed it out one more year and we went during the low crowd week following labor day as a just-turned-four year old and paid accordingly with her age. We're planning our return trip back now - she's thrilled.
Awesome! Have fun planning this upcoming trip!

Chars0704

Just something to think about, Will you be wanting the dining plan? You can only get it if your child is 3 and up.
Also I have been going to the parks with a now 2 year old. Last time we visited it was a month before his 2nd birthday and I was asked all the time his age. But my boy looks older than he is I believe. Cast Members would usually start up a conversation at the turnstiles with something like, "Your boy is cute, how old is he?"
I think you have to be the judge of what is right for you to do.
We just came back from Disney. Our daughter turns 3 in June. We had the dining plan and did not pay for her. CRT, Artist Point, & be our guest all gave her food complimentary. We didn’t have to pay for her meal at all. And of course she ate free in all of the buffets that we went to.

She is a tall 2 year old though and we got some questioning looks. She is legitimately 2 though and we did have her birth certificate with us. No one asked though.

Indy_UK

We've pigeoned ourselves into a corner a bit.

We booked for September 2020 for 2 adults and 1 child. We said at time of booking that the child will be a result of us adopting. There's a good chance that the child we are going to be approved for will be 3 years and 1 month old when we travel.

When the airline wants to know the age, I can't say he's over 3 but then ask them to remove the free dining and park tickets for our child to say he's under 3 and save a ton of money?

Club Cooloholic

We've pigeoned ourselves into a corner a bit.

We booked for September 2020 for 2 adults and 1 child. We said at time of booking that the child will be a result of us adopting. There's a good chance that the child we are going to be approved for will be 3 years and 1 month old when we travel.

When the airline wants to know the age, I can't say he's over 3 but then ask them to remove the free dining and park tickets for our child to say he's under 3 and save a ton of money?
Little confused, what does airline have to do with it? Maybe you mean online. Listen one month difference? And even then you aren't sure? Just put 2 and call it a day and save some cash. As for the airline, yeah you are paying for the kid, once they are 2 I think you pay and I have had them check birth certificates on babies obviously not 2.

nickys

Premium Member
Little confused, what does airline have to do with it? Maybe you mean online. Listen one month difference? And even then you aren't sure? Just put 2 and call it a day and save some cash. As for the airline, yeah you are paying for the kid, once they are 2 I think you pay and I have had them check birth certificates on babies obviously not 2.

Well maybe they booked a package with flights. I know @The Moles Family is from the U.K.

So if that’s the case, they couldn’t fudge the resort reservation. But tI think maybe the issue here is that they won’t know the age yet, since the adoption process isn’t complete.

Indy_UK

Yeah sorry I wasn't very clear, it was all booked via Virgin as a package. To fly a child is classed from 2 and up but of course with Disney it's 3 and up. I don't think I can get away fibbing he's under 3 when they know his age from the passport for flying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom