Prom Questions

Legacy

Original Poster
Okay, one of my friends was trying to find Dixie Landings for after prom and couldn't. I'm coming to the board to ask for any information I can get on this place.

Also, I would like to know if there is a good, upscalish resturant in the resort somewhere that would be good for dinner. I've considered Cinderella's Castle, or maybe the upstairs of Wolfgang-Pucks, but I want Disney afficianado's advice.

Our prom is at Coranda Springs... :D

disney2b

lucky one to have your prom there. the castle is a good place. and if your dressed up, even cooler.

wdwprincess-is this my school thats really stupid, :lol: go ahead, u know how i feel about the dances

Pioneer Hall

If the prom is at Cornado, stay at coronado. It will be so much easier. I would recommened eating at California Grill at the Contemporary. Time it right and you can watch the fireworks.

Legacy

Original Poster
Thanks for the info.

Sorry I had to depress you about where our prom was. Our Homecoming was at Ports of Call at Seaworld, and last year it was at Hard Rock Live.

I guess our school is pretty happening for the TWO dances we have.

Debbie

I was checking groceries for my prom. Have any friends who need a date with a much older, wiser, sexy, fun-loving, blond? and who's never been to a prom?:animwink:
I promise not to show off too much when we play quarter-bounce:cool:

DisneyPhD

Kicker that is too cool. I hope your prom is a magical night. Disney insider gave some good advice. The reason you can not find any info on Dixie Landings is they changed the name to Port Orleans Riverside. :mad: Too bad, DL was a much more romantic name, but someone felt it wasn't P.C.

Are you planing on buying park tickets before the prom to eat in MK or another park?

Do you know if they let you in the parks in formal attire? I heard that they do not allow brides in their wedding dresses unless the wedding is there in the park.

Legacy

Original Poster
I have no clue on that one PhD, I hadn't even heard that rule. I don't see why they wouldn't, considering the dress-code for Grad Nite. I have a cousin who works in at Downtown, and she would love the idea, so I can get tickets from her.

And thanks for the info on Dixie. I agree, it was a stupid change, but I can see why they pulled the PC card.

It's in a couple of weeks so I'll tell y'all how it goes.

Goofalicious

All I have to say is, "Sweet" I would love to have my Prom at Disney! Nope, I get mine in my high school gym:mad: Well, if you know anyone that doesn't have a date yet, I'm available:D

Davis224

Dixie Landings doesn't exist any more I do believe.
I used to love that place
But i'm pretty sure that it is all part of Port Orleans now....Sorry

s25843

Hi,
Try either the California Grill @ the Contemprorary or Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk, we try to hit those two everytime we go!

figmentbaby

Ok...at least you guys have a prom! Coming from someone who attends school in Manhattan, everything is limited. I didn't know what homecoming was until 4 months ago! It probably sounds pathetic to everyone, I know. I think it's actually pathetic. I would love to have a prom in Disney though! I'd just like to have a prom!:(

disneyman15

I'm Surrounded by Idiots
I would love to have my prom at Disney that would be the best night of my life and I would never forget it. Oh well i guess the place i am having it will have to do. :(

ToTBellHop

You might also try anywhere in World Showcase or Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge...I love Jiko...you are so lucky to have your Prom at disney...ours was in the middle of the city of Rochester...I had a beautiful view of the next building over...this year, however, our Senior Ball is at a wine vineyard with a "window wall" with a view of the Rochester skyline...20 miles away...I prefer to keep myself 20+miles away from the city...I don't have to worry about someone stealing my tux right off my back...go on the Tower of Terror wearing your tux w/ your date! IT'D MAKE A GREAT PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Priceless...priceless:cool:

FatBoy976

First off, I had my fraternity formal at the Boardwalk and it was awesome. Second, if you want a great place to eat that hasn't been listed, go to Fulton's Crab House. It's awesome. Have fun at prom.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Kicker
Okay, one of my friends was trying to find Dixie Landings for after prom and couldn't. I'm coming to the board to ask for any information I can get on this place.

Also, I would like to know if there is a good, upscalish resturant in the resort somewhere that would be good for dinner. I've considered Cinderella's Castle, or maybe the upstairs of Wolfgang-Pucks, but I want Disney afficianado's advice.

Our prom is at Coranda Springs... :D

My Prom was at the Grand Fla.

I tok my date to the upstairs of Wolfgang Pucks. But do make a reservation, as it will be impossible to get in otherwise. Also, prepare to fork over at least $80 for 2 people.

What else.. also check Citrico's @ the Grand Fla, Artist's Pointe at Wilderness Lodge, and Jiko at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

oh yeah... BOO BLUE DARTERS!!! (sorry, I went to West Orange... go warriors!)

kal1484

Cinderella's Castle would be cool, but Chef Mickeys would be awesome, you get to get a formal picture with mickey, plus, remember, it's hard for girls to walk long distances in their prom shoes :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom