Project: Relancer

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
I know how most EPCOT fans are probably wishing for the return of Horizons, WOM, and/or JII, so why not start up a "relancer" ("revive" in French) fantasy project to recreate EPCOT? Thoughts? Ideas, anyone?

TDF

I was actually discussing this with a friend and we sorta both agree Future World in EPCOT should be more of the future hands on things with like flight, etc... Also all the pavilions in Future World should easily touch and stuff... like easy access.

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
You mean like interaction, right? Going along with that, I was thinking if we decided to build a "flight pavilion", maybe for Soarin' Around the World, you could create a custom trip where (the rider) chooses where he goes.

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
Here are my ideas for now:

Future World:

• Making Test Track a single attraction at a new "Motion Pavillion" including the return of World of Motion, updating with new scenes and such.
  • Creating a brand new pavillion, "Progress Pavillion" featuring a new and improved version of "Horizons" and possibly "Carousel of Progress"? :shrug:
  • "Turtle Talk with Crush" becoming even MORE interactive by becoming "Crush's Totally Radical Surf Shop", just a section of the new "Living Seas" pavillion.

New ideas to come later. :)

StormyStitch

In the Flight pavilion, how about Max from "The Flight of the Navigator" as the host character with an upgraded version of the ride simulator at Disney Quest's CyberSpace Mountain?

I would like to see or potentially work in the imagineering of a Weather pavilion dedicated to extreme weather education (not limited to or directly endorsing "climate change" theory). Weather impacts lives around the world to varying degrees. By first describing the current weather at Disney and including additional fun activities experimenting with advances in technology, a pavilion could be designed. Kids and adults might try building a structure strong enough to survive an EF2 tornado out of Lego blocks. For the thrill factor, include a dark ride involving a race to locate and disable a machine manipulating Earth's climates based on Zenon's weather fluctuations, The Ultimate Christmas Present's weather machine, and/or Stargate SG-1's (yes, not a Disney franchise) stolen extraterrestrial weather machine. Severe weather, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, etc. The possibilities for a pavilion of this theme are limitless.

Another idea would be for a partnership with NASA and NOAA to reopen the Communicore. NASA Spinoffs, technological trade shows, or periodic tech-based vendors would be interesting and exemplify the theme of the land. Also, expand the generic Disney character greeting area with the characters in virtual/simulated environments featuring various futuristic vacation spots: the Moon, Mars, Sea Base Alpha, 2040 Tokyo, Tron, the Space-Stay, ISS, etc.

MA Screamin'

Original Poster
In the Flight pavilion, how about Max from "The Flight of the Navigator" as the host character with an upgraded version of the ride simulator at Disney Quest's CyberSpace Mountain?

I would like to see or potentially work in the imagineering of a Weather pavilion dedicated to extreme weather education (not limited to or directly endorsing "climate change" theory). Weather impacts lives around the world to varying degrees. By first describing the current weather at Disney and including additional fun activities experimenting with advances in technology, a pavilion could be designed. Kids and adults might try building a structure strong enough to survive an EF2 tornado out of Lego blocks. For the thrill factor, include a dark ride involving a race to locate and disable a machine manipulating Earth's climates based on Zenon's weather fluctuations, The Ultimate Christmas Present's weather machine, and/or Stargate SG-1's (yes, not a Disney franchise) stolen extraterrestrial weather machine. Severe weather, hurricanes, blizzards, floods, etc. The possibilities for a pavilion of this theme are limitless.

Another idea would be for a partnership with NASA and NOAA to reopen the Communicore. NASA Spinoffs, technological trade shows, or periodic tech-based vendors would be interesting and exemplify the theme of the land. Also, expand the generic Disney character greeting area with the characters in virtual/simulated environments featuring various futuristic vacation spots: the Moon, Mars, Sea Base Alpha, 2040 Tokyo, Tron, the Space-Stay, ISS, etc.

Great ideas! Keep them coming! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom