Project Monorail

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
I will be buying the die cast monorails one at a time and painting them so I can have a collection of the entire fleet. (12)
I have one right now thats ready to go. :D
I just need some suggestions on the color I should use!
The monorail is currently black.

Mr.EPCOT

I would say those colors are almost dead-on. The Lime needs to be lighter and maybe the Purple could be a little bit darker, and maybe Coral a little bit lighter.

!*500*!

kap91

I don't know if you care or not but Monorail Black also has two small red lines that surround the black stripe. I also believe Monorail Lime has something different about its color scheme but I can't remember what it is.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
The monorail came with the black stripe but I'm going to be changing that. Lime has a black border stripe. Look at ImagineerMMC's avatar.

WDWRLD

I would say those colors are almost dead-on. The Lime needs to be lighter and maybe the Purple could be a little bit darker, and maybe Coral a little bit lighter.

!*500*!

I would say print it out, lay the paper in the sun for a few days and the colors should be dead on.

csaribay

I don't know if you care or not but Monorail Black also has two small red lines that surround the black stripe. I also believe Monorail Lime has something different about its color scheme but I can't remember what it is.
Coral and Lime have a delta in the middle of each car.

Lord Pheonix

u guys are forgetting something. if you turn up or down your digital vibrance setting in control panal/display, the colors change their hue. so for him, lime and purple might look perfect, but for us they might be to loud. that could be affecting the lime and purple.

why not build a model in ur garden or something and have the monorails running between the tomatoes and the cucumbers, lol. id cut holes in my walls so it could run through my house if i could.

EDIT: you can plant a pumpkin and that would be spaceship earth. also, i think they all have a black border, except the black mono, it has red

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
u guys are forgetting something. if you turn up or down your digital vibrance setting in control panal/display, the colors change their hue. so for him, lime and purple might look perfect, but for us they might be to loud. that could be affecting the lime and purple.

why not build a model in ur garden or something and have the monorails running between the tomatoes and the cucumbers, lol. id cut holes in my walls so it could run through my house if i could.

EDIT: you can plant a pumpkin and that would be spaceship earth. also, i think they all have a black border, except the black mono, it has red
lol that'd be awesome! Unfortunately my monorail is not electric. Its a die-cast monorail. Those colors arent accurate its just a quick guide to help me decide what color paint to use. I'm leaning toward lime or coral.

s8film40

The lime is a little more yellowish. Here are the colors as best I could match them, gold and silver shold have a little sparkle to them. Also if your planning to display these, if you take one car of the diecast train to a hobby store you can find som strips of bass wood that fit perfectly and make a real nice monorail beam. I did this and also made pylons, carved the arch out at the bottom of the span, and painted it and it comes out looking great. Post some pictures when its done I would love to see all twelve trains in diecast form.

2273021396_95caa569c5_o.jpg

Kamikaze

Uh, no. Get an LCD and hook it up digital with a DVI port and you get the true colors.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
The lime is a little more yellowish. Here are the colors as best I could match them, gold and silver shold have a little sparkle to them. Also if your planning to display these, if you take one car of the diecast train to a hobby store you can find som strips of bass wood that fit perfectly and make a real nice monorail beam. I did this and also made pylons, carved the arch out at the bottom of the span, and painted it and it comes out looking great. Post some pictures when its done I would love to see all twelve trains in diecast form.

Wow thank you for those colors! Do you have any pics of your collection?

Figment82

You do realize that the blue trapezoid in the lime stripe hasn't been there for many, many years? It's now white, just like Coral. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, though! It's been forever since I've seen it like that.

s8film40

You do realize that the blue trapezoid in the lime stripe hasn't been there for many, many years? It's now white, just like Coral. Thanks for the trip down memory lane, though! It's been forever since I've seen it like that.

Yes, however anyone interested in WDW monorails enough to paint a fleet of 12 diecast trains has an appreciation for the way the trains were intended to look. Many mistakes were made when the trains were repainted. Black doesn't have the Disney D logos, coral's white deltas are all a different shape, purple's stripe isn't a consistent width through out the length of the train. These monorails have been through a lot over the years and put in millions of miles of service. They don't always look as new as the day they were lifted on to the beam, but thats the way they should be remembered. Also for those who don't already know the two colors of the lime train were selected as a salute to past monorail pilots, and reflect the color of the original monorail costumes.

s8film40

Looks like your making progress, you know it might be easier to paint if you uncouple the cars. Also if you mask it off to where you leave just a sliver of the black you'll be able to recreate the pinstripe.

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
Looks like your making progress, you know it might be easier to paint if you uncouple the cars. Also if you mask it off to where you leave just a sliver of the black you'll be able to recreate the pinstripe.
The cars are uncoupled I just positioned them that way for the pic. I'm only a beginner so I most likely will only do the basic stripe color and maybee go back someday and add the black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom