Project Gemini Question

Flagg11

Original Poster
If project Gemini is approved by the disney execs how will they go about making the switch from future world to discoveryland? Will they close that section of the park completely or will they only keep rides like test track and Mission:Space open? I think If they choose to keep just those rides open seeing all that construction will take away part of the magic... I was just curious about this because I am planning to go back in the summer of 2004 (probably when the switch will begin) and i was wondering what everyone else thought

Bagheera

They'll probably do it incrementally. Shut down Spaceship Earth the whole time, as it'll take forever to do the changeover. Do the trees section by section. Take the roofs off of Innoventions one section at a time. Shut down Living Seas briefly for the re-theming. Shut down the walkway space for installation of the hedge maze. It can all be done section by section, little by little, with the exception of Time Racers, which will take a couple of years to complete, between gutting the inside of the Geosphere and then rebuilding the new ride. Global Neighborhood can probably stay open for most of the rehab, then just get shut down when they reroute the ride exit.

DisneyWonders07

Personally, I think that Epcot is just fine the way it is. It really is awesome the way it is right now. I think they should just do a lot of renovating and extensions, not entirely new concepts that will totally change everything. Especially this new "Time Racers" that will replace Spaceship Earth. Spaceship Earth is excellent and should just be improved and renovated, not gutted and have some new roller coaster put in. Some of these project Gemini ideas are a load of crap.:mad:

jmarc63

I'm sure that the construction would be done in incremental stages when it comes to removing the pavement and adding the greenery and rerouting the path thru that section of the park, as for the pavilions I'm shure that will be done on stages for the least disruption except for the area where the new TR queue area and load unload wiuld be located for the new attraction

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom