Project Gemini: Good or Bad?

TwilightRocker

Original Poster
Dude, seriously. What is up with this Project Gemini? Are they seriously going to change Spaceship Earth into a roller coaster?! What the hell is that crap!? Am I the only one against this? I was surprised to see that there isn't a forum on this subject. Spaceship Earth is definitely one of my favorite rides at Disney. I don't want it turning into another Journey Into Your Imagination. Granted, the newer Imagination is better than the one before it, but it will never be even close to as good as the original. Changing Spaceship Earth into a roller coaster will only create horrible horrible results. Honestly, this needs to be stopped. Spaceship Earth cannot change. And if anyone thinks it should be changed into a coaster, I'd like you to wear tinfoil so we know who you are! News of this haas made me sick. I don't know if I could ever go to Epcot again if Spaceship Earth was changed. I hope I'm not alone on this one, because if I am, you are all insane!

TURKEY

Originally posted by TwilightRocker
Dude, seriously. What is up with this Project Gemini? Are they seriously going to change Spaceship Earth into a roller coaster?! What the hell is that crap!? Am I the only one against this? I was surprised to see that there isn't a forum on this subject. Spaceship Earth is definitely one of my favorite rides at Disney. I don't want it turning into another Journey Into Your Imagination. Granted, the newer Imagination is better than the one before it, but it will never be even close to as good as the original. Changing Spaceship Earth into a roller coaster will only create horrible horrible results. Honestly, this needs to be stopped. Spaceship Earth cannot change. And if anyone thinks it should be changed into a coaster, I'd like you to wear tinfoil so we know who you are! News of this haas made me sick. I don't know if I could ever go to Epcot again if Spaceship Earth was changed. I hope I'm not alone on this one, because if I am, you are all insane!

I don't think there needs to be a whole forum just for Project Gemini. There are other threads on this subject.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19658

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19644

TwilightRocker

Original Poster
Ah, yes. Didn't see those posts. Well I'm a little more relieved that people actually care about Spaceship earth. But of course, Disney does have it's way od doing what it wants and then changing their mind after it's done cause they lose money on it. So they'll change SE and guests will hate it and stop going to Epcot and WDI will try to change it back but it wont be the same and everyone will be unhappy and WDW will turn into the Disney Store and the Disney Channel. Two things that used to be great, and now suck. Why can't Disney leave the classics alone? They dont know a good thing when they have it. If they want to put another thrill ride into Epcot, put it in the god awful Universe of Energy. Then they could have the thrill section over there with Mission Space and Test Track and leave the rest of Epcot alone. It worked with Sunset Blvd. in MGM.

EchoOfOphelia

You know its amazing how much so many of us want to hold on to the past. I was devastated when they took out 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, Horizons, World of Motion, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride just to name a few.... Since then with the building of the rides to replace them (most have been replaced) I have lightened up a little (please don't think I'm telling you to do that.) I came to realize that Walt loved the natural progress of things and all new technologies. So, I can pretty much assume that Walt wouldn't have minded changing things up when needed.

I am not particularly thrilled with the idea of Spaceship Earth becoming a coaster, but I think that the present ride does need a little work. I do love this ride and go on it at least once or twice every trip, but I think I'm ready for a change.

I think that the departure of the other rides got me so upset because I didn't know that they were leaving. I was not so on the "up and up" of Disney back then. Perhaps Spaceship Earth will be something incredible like Test Track and Rock N' Roller Coaster is. You never know...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom