Progress of Fantasyland Expansion

cookiee_munster

speaking of landscaping, does anyone know when the tree's will finally be planted? i guess not for a while seeing as all the landscaping and excavating for the mine car ride has to be done, but if its supposed to be the fantasyland forest, shouldn't they start planting soon so it doesn't look like the fantasyland nursery?

im quite glad i dont have any trips coming up yet, because in years to come, once the trees have matured it'll look amazeballs.

as for real grass and stuff, i guess its just easier and better for maintenance purposes. ive noticed tree's have suddenly popped up over at the radiator springs mountain range, and get the impression for scale purposes they're fake, otherwise that's an awful lot of abseiling for the poor tree surgeon.

jmick71

disney has a whole bunch of trees planted in "nurseries" throughout property, all they need to do is move them into fantasyland, they did the same thing with AK, and thats why from day one AK has always been extremely lush and looked like a jungle

jt04

speaking of landscaping, does anyone know when the tree's will finally be planted? i guess not for a while seeing as all the landscaping and excavating for the mine car ride has to be done, but if its supposed to be the fantasyland forest, shouldn't they start planting soon so it doesn't look like the fantasyland nursery?

im quite glad i dont have any trips coming up yet, because in years to come, once the trees have matured it'll look amazeballs.

as for real grass and stuff, i guess its just easier and better for maintenance purposes. ive noticed tree's have suddenly popped up over at the radiator springs mountain range, and get the impression for scale purposes they're fake, otherwise that's an awful lot of abseiling for the poor tree surgeon.

disney has a whole bunch of trees planted in "nurseries" throughout property, all they need to do is move them into fantasyland, they did the same thing with AK, and thats why from day one AK has always been extremely lush and looked like a jungle

I really think it is necessary they go with a mix of real and engineered trees. The science of creating fake greenery has come so far and it allows for a much more magical (lighting, leaf color, no water/pest damage) appearance.

DocMcHulk

Based on the internal timeline, phases of the Circus area are scheduled for opening next spring, yes. (Mostly that would be the train station/restrooms. Maybe Goofini.)

The new stuff, like Dumbo, is targeted for May-June next year.

WOO HOOO! For once, the info i got from a "source" was actually right! lol

MotherOfBirds

Wow, is it possible for us to have an on-topic conversation here that doesn't:
A. Turn into a p*ssing match
B. Turn into a fight about Uni vs. Disney
or C. End up talking about WWoHP for the fifty-millionth time? Enough already! I get tired of trying to wade through all the B.S. just for some legit info and updates on FLE. :brick:

Back to the topic at hand, Lee, do you know when they're going to start breaking ground on Snow White? Are they just leaving that big space empty for now because it makes it easier to get trucks and machinery over there?

Lee

Adventurer
Back to the topic at hand, Lee, do you know when they're going to start breaking ground on Snow White? Are they just leaving that big space empty for now because it makes it easier to get trucks and machinery over there?
Probably not for a while, yet. There is a ton of ground work still to do in the BatB and Mermaid area that would be hampered by work on the 7DMR. With it not opening for a few more years, I don't see them in a rush to start digging.
But I could be wrong, of course. They have it all planned out, practically down to the week.

djkidkaz

Im going to WDW in early May next year. Do we think they will have moved the walls back by then and allow people to walk through New Fantasyland even though Beast and Mermaid aren't supposed to be open by then?

And Storybook Circus should be up and running by then as well as the new train station?

Lee

Adventurer
And Storybook Circus should be up and running by then as well as the new train station?[/QUOTE]
I strongly doubt you will be alllowed anywhere near BatB or Mermaid in May.
As for the Circus, if they hold to their timeline...yeah, some of it should be open.

G00fyDad

I do not, and neither does Disney.
FLE began its life before the Potter deal, and was never intended to serve as any sort of replacement or counter. FLE would have happened even if the Disney/Potter deal had gone through.

Ahhh. I stand corrected sir. :) I thought it was Disney's answer.

G00fyDad

I strongly doubt you will be alllowed anywhere near BatB or Mermaid in May.
As for the Circus, if they hold to their timeline...yeah, some of it should be open.

I really hope most of it is done by September next year. I know the entire thing is scheduled for 2013 but it would be nice to have the majority ready to walk through by Sept 2012.

djkidkaz

Yeah I thought I read somewhere that it would be all open by October 2012 except for 7DMT, so Im currently planning to go back in October as well.

Hey Lee, since we're just talking about progress and expansions, have you heard of anything for Animal Kingdom? Obviously there is stuff that is always being worked on, but have you heard of any of it being really close to getting the greenlight? Or does Disney not want to make this a full day operating park for some reason?

Lee

Adventurer
Hey Lee, since we're just talking about progress and expansions, have you heard of anything for Animal Kingdom? Obviously there is stuff that is always being worked on, but have you heard of any of it being really close to getting the greenlight?
Nope. Nothing really close that I know of.:shrug:

JeffH

Dumbo, moving?

any updates on when dumbo is moving
Aren't they building 2 NEW Dumbo rides, each with more Dumbos than the original?
So they won't be moving Dumbo, but re-moving it at some point (hopefully after the new Dual Dumbo ride opens).
...unless they plan on reusing the existing Dumbos in addition to the new ones.

...and won't they be equipped with lasers and photon torpedoes and actually fly using giant magnets, and the guest with the highest score of the day gets to sleep in the castle with the prince/princess of their choice? or not...

castevens

look what this lack of progress and imagination on the part of TDO is doing to us Disney fans!!!!

oh wait, we've always been like this . . .

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom