Programming Pal Mickey

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hi....

I'm hoping someone in the know can help me here.

I now know that after you buy Pal Mickey that he has to be programmed somewhere one time to get him started.

Can anyone list the locations in each park in which this "programming" can be done?

I know in AK you can do it at "Outfitters". Only problem is I don't know which park we will be going to first, so I'd like to know all of these programming locations in each park.

If anyone could help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Christina

Wishingtree

We just bought a Pal Mickey lats week. All you have to do is change a switch inside his back cover. There is no programming involved, unless they had done it already. We purchased ours at the Merchantile at Wilderness Lodge and went directly to MGM.

marypoppins68

Exactly. You don't have to program him. If you buy one, after you get him out of the box just make sure you turn him on. :) He comes with a complete instruction booklet. After that, you just carry him around. He always knows where he is. I took him to 4 parks in one day and he was fine. I have heard that the key is to make sure he's facing forward, and not backward.

CoraJack

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Thanks guys. I guess I just don't know what to think. RnrcJohn just came back from WDW and wrote a trip report and said he had to have his "programmed" and it took 5 mins. You can see his trip report in that section.

What is the deal? I guess I'll just have to find out when I get there and post it since I've heard now from about 50% of the people that it does not have to be programmed, and the other 50% that it does have to be programmed.

Christina

WDW Expert

Based on my understanding sometimes they are already programmed or sometimes they aren't... And if they are you simply turn it on and if they aren't programmed then they will quickly do it for you at the location you bought the Pal Mickey at and then your on your way!

marypoppins68

Originally posted by CoraJack
Thanks guys. I guess I just don't know what to think. RnrcJohn just came back from WDW and wrote a trip report and said he had to have his "programmed" and it took 5 mins. You can see his trip report in that section.

What is the deal? I guess I'll just have to find out when I get there and post it since I've heard now from about 50% of the people that it does not have to be programmed, and the other 50% that it does have to be programmed.

Christina

I read the report and I can only tell you about my experience. After I bought him new, I took him out of the box, turned him on, and he was good to go. I never had to have him "programmed" anywhere. I took him to all 4 parks and he always knew which park he was in. When I purchased him no one said anything about having to have him programmed. Perhaps RnrcJohn had a defective one or one that wasn't working quite right and they were able to fix him? In any event, I hope you have a fun time with yours. I did with mine. I'm bringing him back this weekend. :)

Beachcluber

where can you buy them???
How much are they???
Can you just rent them in the parks???
Aren't they a pain to carry around???

just curious:wave:

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by blackride
I am sure all they have to do is turn on the reciever ( radio? ) so that he can get signals...

That's pretty much it. I purchased a new one and they placed him in front of a machine. I'm guessing they were turning on the reciever. It took less than a minute and he was good to go. It's something a cast member will take care of...so you don't have to worry about anything technical.

Originally posted by Beachcluber
where can you buy them???
How much are they???
Can you just rent them in the parks???
Aren't they a pain to carry around???

just curious:wave:

*You can buy him at any of the resorts and in certain places in the park.
*They cost about $50.
*Yes there are rentals for $8, but you need to put down a security deposit just in case.
*He's not that heavy. Plus he comes with a belt clip. Attach the belt clip to your pants and then slide mickey on the hook. Whenever he shakes just slide him off, press his tummy or hands and listen.

VacationMan

The was a nice article on them on www.mouseplanet.com (I believe), and it discussed how they work, and some "ideas under consideration for the future versions (2.0), Like maybe a "Fastpass intergration", so you don't even have to go to the fastpass machine....

Some cool ideas, and discussion on the fact that they update as you enter the park automatically.

I may wait until v 2.0 for mine.

Dayma

Although I will get a PAL Mickey when we go back I did NOT see many kids with them at all. Most of the people were older. They need to ADVERTISE this thing more on the Resort Channels or something.

Mr. Toad

Definately true. Most of the Pal Mickeys I am seeing are being used by adults. Our party is 4 adults and we all play with him. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom