Professional Videographer heading to WDW in 2 weeks - Want to see something?

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
I will be working down in WDW in about 2 weeks filming around the parks.
I wanted to know if anyone had anything particular that they wanted to see or hear.
If I can get it I will.

You probably won't see it until a week or two after I get back, but if you don't make it too often, or really are aching to see something or just catch some of the ambience of one of the parks, please let me know. Like I said, I will do what I can based on my schedule.

Thanks.

Mickey_777

Anything where you can document folks coming into the park first thing in the morning would be interesting. Main Street or World Showcase with only a few people (though WS doesn't open up till 11am) and the sun just starting to come out would be nice.

JediMasterMatt

I would recommend not using the term "professional videographer/photographer" while on property if you are approached. Although they've eased up quite a bit since the refresh of the park rules came out last Fall, most security types always have their ear open for the "P" word.

Oh, and get some video of all the construction going on around the property. That way in a years time we can use it as evidence of how slowly they are moving.

Otherwise, enjoy the parks. If you are a pro, then you can use the opportunity to capture some of the shows which is a rare treat as most theatrical venues don't allow video/still work unless you are contracted with them.

I recommend watching Martin Smith's videos for some ideas on what types of things to cover. Maybe you can beat Martin to the punch and get the MM+/FP+ ultimate tribute video... it's part of the horror genre.

Disnee4Me

I'd like to see video of DTD and Disney Springs. We will be going in December and haven't been since December 2009, so I'm sure its changed quite a bit.

RandySavage

Thanks for the offer. Some things I'd like to see, in case you have the time or care:

- I enjoy the "Steadicam Walkabout" videos: where the camera glides around the entire park as if you were just strolling around, taking in the ambience, usually lasting around 45-60minutes... with just the natural park sounds (no soundtrack or commentary, minimal cuts). There are some very good ones by SoCal360 of DL & DCA on youtube, and one of DinseySea, but none of MK with the completed New Fantasyland. Also haven't seen a walkabout of IoA since the new Potter train station opened (or Uni Studios with Alley). It's not the perfect time since the MK Hub & AK are under heavy construction, but I still would be happy to see any full walkabouts, (at magic hour (1hr before sunset) would be a bonus).

- I loved the Treasures of the Seven Seas game in Adventureland when last there, but we only got to play a couple maps... wouldn't mind seeing a video of the 5 or so versions before the all the cool effects start to break/disappear.

Cheers,

Tom

Beta Return
- I enjoy the "Steadicam Walkabout" videos: where the camera glides around the entire park as if you were just strolling around, taking in the ambience, usually lasting around 45-60minutes... with just the natural park sounds (no soundtrack or commentary, minimal cuts). There are some very good ones by SoCal360 of DL & DCA on youtube, and one of DinseySea, but none of MK with the completed New Fantasyland. Also haven't seen a walkabout of IoA since the new Potter train station opened (or Uni Studios with Alley). It's not the perfect time since the MK Hub & AK are under heavy construction, but I still would be happy to see any full walkabouts, (at magic hour (1hr before sunset) would be a bonus).

I second this request!

Smiddimizer

Thanks for the offer. Some things I'd like to see, in case you have the time or care:

- I loved the Treasures of the Seven Seas game in Adventureland when last there, but we only got to play a couple maps... wouldn't mind seeing a video of the 5 or so versions before the all the cool effects start to break/disappear.

Cheers,

iThemePark does some pretty good ones.

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
I want a full HQ POV of the Tangled Toilet Experience.

The outside is very pretty. Even the entryways into the bathrooms have wanted posters up and keep the theme.
That's about as far as I will go through. If you want a trip into the stalls....sorry..that would involve spoilers.

TyrantBoss

Original Poster

Cheers,

I will do what I can. I am working in the parks so my shooting will not be fluid, and I am walking free hand, not steadicam...but I will do whatever I can. I love doing that sometimes. I have filmed down there for the last 10 years and somewhere in my archives I have footage of me doing that, bit I will give it a shot as much as possible this year for you.

TyrantBoss

Original Poster
I would recommend not using the term "professional videographer/photographer" while on property if you are approached. Although they've eased up quite a bit since the refresh of the park rules came out last Fall, most security types always have their ear open for the "P" word.

Oh, and get some video of all the construction going on around the property. That way in a years time we can use it as evidence of how slowly they are moving.

Otherwise, enjoy the parks. If you are a pro, then you can use the opportunity to capture some of the shows which is a rare treat as most theatrical venues don't allow video/still work unless you are contracted with them.

I recommend watching Martin Smith's videos for some ideas on what types of things to cover. Maybe you can beat Martin to the punch and get the MM+/FP+ ultimate tribute video... it's part of the horror genre.

They don't care about me filming. I have only been questioned one time at MK about 8 years ago and once at Typhoon Lagoon last year. Thanks for the words of warning though.

They seem to be going pretty fast on the construction based on the magnitude of their undertaking, but I'll see what I can do.

I have filmed at pretty much every theatrical venue where there is good lighting. I don't lug around a camera light.
Beauty and the Beast at DHS was no problem, Indiana Jones was no problem, etc.

I'm not trying to beat anyone to the punch. I'm just trying to have fun and film a few things that people may want to see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom