Professional Internships

matthope03

Original Poster
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas what a professional intern makes during the 6 month period? I am trying to weigh my options after I graduate next summer and need to have an idea financially in order to decide what kind of an apartment to get. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it.

Fatshe Leso

I was a professional intern back in the summer of 2000 and it was $15.00/hour. I was either a sophomore or a junior at the time. Each summer you return the hourly rate is increased.

Now with inflation and whatnot I'm sure that hourly rate is higher.

natedog123

Does anyone know if you can get a professional internship after completing the Alumni-Only Summer program, even if you have already graduated??

DisneySaint

Some of the internships are for CP alumni only, some are open. I am not a CP alumni and applied only for positions that being a CP alumni is not required. Also, I am a senior graduating in August. You can take a PI/AI the semester after you graduate, but not like a year away or anything. Being a junior/senior in college is listed in the REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS section.

DisneyElite

I actually have a friend doing a professional/advanced internship right now in Guest Relations at DAK. She is a CP Alumni, but she did it over 5 years ago, and she has been out of college for about that long, too. She told me that for some of the professional internships they aren't requiring ppl to be in college anymore to apply. I'm not sure which ones she was referring to, but if she's doing it then it can be done!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Fatshe Leso said:
I was a professional intern back in the summer of 2000 and it was $15.00/hour. I was either a sophomore or a junior at the time. Each summer you return the hourly rate is increased.

Now with inflation and whatnot I'm sure that hourly rate is higher.
the hourly rate also varies on the individual internship role. Some AI's won't make even $10/hr, while others will be earning $750/wk salaried... it all varies on what internship you want and get

DisneySaint

DisneyElite said:
I actually have a friend doing a professional/advanced internship right now in Guest Relations at DAK. She is a CP Alumni, but she did it over 5 years ago, and she has been out of college for about that long, too. She told me that for some of the professional internships they aren't requiring ppl to be in college anymore to apply. I'm not sure which ones she was referring to, but if she's doing it then it can be done!

Like I said, just open the particular job and see if under requirements it says current college junior/senior.

A point to note, btw, many of the P.I.'s have been pulled and only a page of them remain. It's possible that the postings just expired, but it's also possible they have either filled or have enough applications for a position.

matthope03

Original Poster
I really appreciate the information. I am looking at trying to get an actual job opening when I get out of college. However, if I am not able to I would like to get an internship to get my foot in the door and I figure if I am actually there it will be easier to get an actual job. By the way, I am an accounting major so I would get an internship in a related field.

DisneyElite

My friend's internship was listed as needed to be a college junior or senior...she wasn't, and she still got it. She said they prefer to have what's listed on the requirements, but if there's not much interest in a certain position, and someone they know (like a CP alumni) applies that has a good track record, then they usually get it.

For example, I have another friend who graduated last May (05) and did the Fall Advantage CP. While he was doing the CP, his supervisor encouraged him to apply for an AI in his area. He ended up applying for several, didn't get the one he originally wanted, but was in placed in one where he is now working making 20/hr and loving it.

I'm not trying to discredit anything anyone else is saying, I just want people to know that there are opportunities to do AI's/PI's after graduation beyond what it says on disneycareers.com. So don't be discouraged!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom