Professional Internships

emileekay04

Is Northbridge really that bad? I guess I assumed it was good b/c it's kinda in a ritsy area... with the Mall of Millenia right there and such. Also, what are the rules? I guess I also assumed we are basically on our own since not ALL of Northbridge are Professional Interns. If we aren't allowed to have overnite guests again, like Vista and Chatham, I'm gonna have to look somewhere else, b/c that rules is just ridiculous!

Lets do some math. It costs $131 a week. That's (131x4) $655 per PERSON per month. Now, you SHARE a bedroom. So for a two bedroom/four person apartment (4x655) it's a total of $2,620. I say thats a RIP OFF!! Those apartments go for $1200 a month for two bedrooms.

chines83

It is not like vista and chatam in that the rules are not as bad. You can have overnight guests ect. but i have talked to someone living there and her roommates threw away some of her personal items becuase they didnt like it and disney mgmnt that is in charge wont do anything about it. AND she is uble to switch apts at any time like we were on the program. I am looking into buena vista apts behind the MK and at Alexandria(which are kind of expensice, 850 ish for 1 bed) but very very very nice. hope that helps some

emileekay04

Thanx for the help.... I'm 21 now so I don't have to worry about the alcohol issue... and since we can have overnite guests there I won't have to worry about getting in trouble if a friend spends the nite! :) And to the other person, u did your math wrong! 131x4 is not 655, it's like 524, haha. So.... I may just stick with it, if I get it.... plus I have a better chance at meeting ppl since I will be surrounded by other professional interns... that's the main reason I want it!

ImaYoyo

My interns all say avoid northbridge. Two of them live in Plantation Park and two live at Discovery Palms (used to be Alta). Those, Camden on South International and Mirabella all are close, but would probably require a roommate to make it affordable.

travlrmel

Interview today (11/20)

I had an interview today for a Disney Learning Center internship. This seems so much later than most of you that have posted on the forum. Not sure what my odds are of making it - but I am SO EXCITED.

When scheduled, I was told that the interview was going to take one hour. However - it was only like 20 minutes. Is that a bad sign. I am worried that they did not like me - so they got off the phone quick.

I did say some silly things in the interview - I feel like I did terrible. I also had two other interviews today with other companies, and they were progressively better throughout the day. I just wish I did better with Disney.

^^ I don't know why they told you it would be an hour, my two were about 20 minutes. Don't worry, they didn't get off the phone quick because they didn't like you :)

travlrmel

After the short 20 minute interview yesterday, I received a call today to complete the company application. That's good news, I think!

emileekay04

So, I am going to be living in Northbridge Apartments this upcoming semester. Does anyone know what buildings the Professional Interns live in? I was looking at the floor plans and just curious which ones I could be in :)

Figment82

I was accepted into a Professional Internship as well, with Creative Services. I'm very excited, but now I have to deal with switching around my full time status and all of that... Oh well, it's a great experience and totally worth it. I already have an apartment, so I didn't need to worry about that. I can not believe the cost of Northbridge - that is a complete and total ripoff for how far away it is and how many people are living with you. I'm glad I don't need to worry about that.

emileekay04

Ahhhh! January can't come FAST enough!! Anyone else out there as excited as I am to be doing a Professional Internship? I want to know if anyone is doing Sales b/c I am and would love to know who I'm gonna be working with! :) I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we'll all soon be a the Happiest Place in the World! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom