Professional internship question

stav

Original Poster
I've done the Disney college program now I applied for the fall Disney Professional Internship for Marketing /Events. I've been working in media marketing/events for a few years now so I figured this would be the best way to further my career in the field at the company I want to work at (Diz) well today I got an email saying I did not get accepted. I am gutted and confused. I live breathe and eat all things Disney and have work experience in the field as well as taking an online marketing course to further my career goals. Any suggestions as to who I can contact or how I can re-apply? I feel so confused. Thank you !
Sabby

mousehockey37

I've done the Disney college program now I applied for the fall Disney Professional Internship for Marketing /Events. I've been working in media marketing/events for a few years now so I figured this would be the best way to further my career in the field at the company I want to work at (Diz) well today I got an email saying I did not get accepted. I am gutted and confused. I live breathe and eat all things Disney and have work experience in the field as well as taking an online marketing course to further my career goals. Any suggestions as to who I can contact or how I can re-apply? I feel so confused. Thank you !
Sabby

Sorry things didn't work out. I'd imagine that you were in this against a lot of top notch applicants, not to mention, just a ton of applicants. Did they say anything about your application remaining on file? If not, best bet would be to wait about 6 months to a year and try again, if something comes up.

Was your history in the college program a good one? No bad remarks or anything? Good references?

Ultimately, love Disney, keep them as a place you'll still go to and keep applying to in the future, but for now, apply yourself to your skill set and find another place that will help bolster your resume.

Disorbust

My DD is also applying and "in process". There are a boatload of well qualified candidates just look at their linked in. Her friend is an "ex" recruiter and he told her many times if the current intern extends the position isn't even available. IT is crushing but no you are not alone and you can also apply for the next round. I almost think its easier to work elsewhere for two years and then try for fulltime but its just my opinion.

CaptainAmerica

Are you even eligible? I was under the impression that the professional internships were only for people who had graduated within the last six months to a year. If you've been "working in media for a few years," you're probably too old/experienced for the program.

Also, it's not necessarily a good thing to live breathe and eat all things Disney. Sometimes being too enthusiastic as a fan of a company might make it look like you're unable to apply the critical eye necessary to work there in a professional capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom