Professional Internship Fall 2007 Questions

SFOG

Anybody else doing a roadtrip to Florida? I'm driving from California!!

Whew! I'll bet that's a long drive! As we say here in the South, "bless your heart!"

As for me, I'll be doing a roadtrip, but mine's just from the rather close-by Georgia! Thanks for making my trip seem not so long!

anilorak

Yeah.. it'll be a long drive, but I'm going to make it fun. So far Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Roswell, and New Orleans are on the menu. I also want to stop at all those cheesey roadside attractions like.. the biggest ball of yarn and all. I'm actually really looking forward to it!

DisneySarah

Yeah.. it'll be a long drive, but I'm going to make it fun. So far Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Roswell, and New Orleans are on the menu. I also want to stop at all those cheesey roadside attractions like.. the biggest ball of yarn and all. I'm actually really looking forward to it!

I am right there with you as i will be leaving my dog behind for 6 months as well! I am from Louisiana, so if you want to stop here to break up your trip, let me know!

ImaYoyo

Greetings to all!! :wave:

I just accepted the Wedding Coordinator Professional Internship for fall 2007. I’m so excited and can’t wait to start! I wanted to start a forum for the fall 2007 PI. I was hoping that anyone who received a PI or was in the process of applying for one could meet with others and discuss any questions or concerns about the program and find out where everyone was living and what they were doing in their roles.

Also if there are any past PI, could u possibly give any advice such as how to make the most of the internship and what you did after your program(did u get a job with Disney or how did the PI help you gain other jobs after Disney or graduation).
<O:p
The questions that I have are what are the apartments like at Northbridge and how hard or easy is it to get a full time role with Disney after the PI. I’m graduating this May so I’m hoping to get a full time role after my internship.
I look forward to reading what roles people accepted and what others did after their internship!!
-Jacqui :animwink:
Congrats Jacqui, I'll see you in the fall. if you need anything, my office door is always open. You'll know who I am when you take your rounds and have the 50-some odd meet and greets on your first two days. I'm the one with the Eric Cartman stuff everywhere... :) Way to go and see you this fall,

-yoyo-

ImaYoyo

I just accepted my PI for Training and Development for Animal Programs at the Animal Kingdom.
The manager of Animal Programs Development at EPCOT is WONDERFUL!!! She should get a gold medal for awesomeness. Hopefully you'll get to meet her. Her name is Michelle.

ImaYoyo

OK, so sorry to keep asking so many questions!! But I have one more...

Is is possible to cross-train and pick up extra hours as an intern? Since my letter says I am only guaranteed 30 hours per week, I would like to spend some of my extra time working in either operations, guest relations, or maybe on the monorail. If that's possible, then how hard is it to actually get those extra hours? Do you get your same payrate or does it change based on the position?

Wow, still so many questions! Please forgive me, I guess I am a little over-excited about moving to sunny Orlando!!
Well even though you're only guaranteed 30 hours, you'll be working 40 or more. I've never met an AI/MI/PI that didn't work at least 40 hours. On my own I worked about 55, but partially due to my choice to help out the department. But if you wish to pick up extra hours, you can use the Extra Hours Hotline to do so.

There is a gym on property as well, it's a LifeLine gym at Team Disney (across from DTD) open early and closes late. They can take the fees straight out of your check. I think it's 6 bucks a week. I haven't checked my paystub lately to find out. As far as discounts, they'll be the same as your CP.

sjacqui11

Original Poster
Congrats Jacqui, I'll see you in the fall. if you need anything, my office door is always open. You'll know who I am when you take your rounds and have the 50-some odd meet and greets on your first two days. I'm the one with the Eric Cartman stuff everywhere... :) Way to go and see you this fall,

-yoyo-

Thanks for the Congrats! I'm very excited to start. I'll be looking forward to meeting you this fall!!:)

-Jacqui

anilorak

The manager of Animal Programs Development at EPCOT is WONDERFUL!!! She should get a gold medal for awesomeness. Hopefully you'll get to meet her. Her name is Michelle.

I agree!! She was INCREDIBLE at answering all thousand and one questions that I had, and helping me through the application process. I REALLY appreciate her time!

egionet

That's great to know. I reread my offer, and it just says Training and Development Animal Program. So I'll probably get to work with her. I assumed that all animal programs were at DAK, but we all know what happens when you assume something. I guess I was wrong, maybe I'll be hanging out at EPCOT too.

anilorak - I'm sure we'll get a chance to meet if you're working with animal programs. Maybe I'll do some training of some sort for you!

ISUKoalabear

I accepted an internship with Disney LEarning Center, I cant wait to start!!! I am not living in Northbridge bc I will not leave nor am I able to leave my cat behind. (parents refuse to care for her and noone else is really able to) I think I have it narrowed down to a place though that is cheaper or about the same amount as northbridge so its all good. I hope that just bc I am not living in northbridge I will get to meet all of you and become friends. I plan on working as many hours as possible, between the DLC, extra magic hours and an outside job I want about 70hours a week. Anyways congrats to everyone I cant wait to see you on the 22 of June.

Jami

nataliecp01

I accepted an internship with Disney LEarning Center, I cant wait to start!!! I am not living in Northbridge bc I will not leave nor am I able to leave my cat behind. (parents refuse to care for her and noone else is really able to) I think I have it narrowed down to a place though that is cheaper or about the same amount as northbridge so its all good. I hope that just bc I am not living in northbridge I will get to meet all of you and become friends. I plan on working as many hours as possible, between the DLC, extra magic hours and an outside job I want about 70hours a week. Anyways congrats to everyone I cant wait to see you on the 22 of June.

Jami

Congratulations on your PI Jami! I was just curious as to what apartments you were scoping out. I'm hoping to live at Northbridge, but I want to be semi-prepared if it doesn't work out.

Natalie

mrpinkerton

Hi!

I just accepted my PI in Communication Planning (Resorts) yesterday!! I'm real excited.

My start date is June 22. Does anyone else have the same start date? I assume that this is the day that we begin Traditions, is that right?

Anyway, congrats to all of you who have gotten an offer so far. For those of you who haven't heard yet, good luck(!) -- just be expecting a random phone call one day with someone offering you a job!

-Chris :D

Congrats on the PI! I was offered a Communications Planning internship too, but I think it's working with the Eyes and Ears newsletter. Does that sound familiar? I still feel a little in the dark ...

egionet

Congratulations on your PI Jami! I was just curious as to what apartments you were scoping out. I'm hoping to live at Northbridge, but I want to be semi-prepared if it doesn't work out.

Natalie

I'm also curious what apartments you have been looking at. I really don't want to live at Northbridge because I'm most likely a little older than most of the PIs and in grad school not undergrad. Plus I have no desire to live with people I don't know and share a bedroom because of the ridiculous roommate drama that always seems to occurs. But I have yet to find anything even remotely close in price to Northbridge.

ISUKoalabear

I looked at many places. The one I am prolly settling on is Carlton Arms South, a studio is $509, a one bedroom is $615. I looked at many others in about that price range so if you want my list I can type it up and send it to you. I had some limitations due to having a pet. I too didnt want to share a room with someone when I could get my own place for the same price. I too am a bit older then most college students, not by much but I feel like it sometimes. Anyways either PM me here or AIM me at ISUKoalabear and I can give you more apartments I looked at and the info on them, I called about 2 dozen so I have alot of the real prices not what the websites have listed bc most were outdated.

Jami

SFOG

Congrats on the PI! I was offered a Communications Planning internship too, but I think it's working with the Eyes and Ears newsletter. Does that sound familiar? I still feel a little in the dark ...

Great!! :wave: As I understand, Eyes and Ears is the main newsletter for all of WDW. I think that they told me in my interview that there would be a couple of interns in that area.

I hated being in the dark for so long too! However, once I accepted my PI a couple of weeks ago, I got a call from my new "boss" a couple of days later. She was very nice and told me to call her if I have any questions. Maybe you'll get a similar call too to help you get out of the dark!

Anyways, it's nice to "know" someone else working in the same area! I was told that all of the Communications Planning interns get together about once per week, so I'm sure our paths will cross at some point.

-C

anilorak

I looked at many places. The one I am prolly settling on is Carlton Arms South, a studio is $509, a one bedroom is $615. I looked at many others in about that price range so if you want my list I can type it up and send it to you. I had some limitations due to having a pet. I too didnt want to share a room with someone when I could get my own place for the same price. I too am a bit older then most college students, not by much but I feel like it sometimes. Anyways either PM me here or AIM me at ISUKoalabear and I can give you more apartments I looked at and the info on them, I called about 2 dozen so I have alot of the real prices not what the websites have listed bc most were outdated.

Jami

Hey guys.. I too am looking into the option of living somewhere outside of Northbridge. I love the amenities at Northbridge (Gym, pools, meeting other interns, etc), but I'm considering bringing my dog. I'm turning 23 before I come down, and though I'm not a grad student, I'm working on my second degree and I've been in school for 6 years now.. Anyway, I would be interested in either a studio or even sharing a 1 bedroom with another person.

I would also be interested in sharing a Northbridge apartment with other Living Seas interns or animal program interns!

PM me if you're interested!

SFOG

So, does anyone know what people generally wear in office positions? The Disney Look booklet talks about it a little. But I was wondering, do the guys wear ties? Or is it just oxford shirts with a conservative look?

youngjt

Summer Interns?

Is anyone doing a professional internship for this summer? I found out I got into Northbridge for the summer but I don't think that will answer your question for the fall...sorry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom