Procedure for clearing the parks of guests, especially on wristband nights

MinnieLee

Were at the P&P party last Friday and when we were over by the Indy Speedway there were about 4 cast members asking to see your wristbands before you could walk through. We also saw cast members tell families that they would have to purchase an event ticket and would not be allowed to go on the attractions.

bdedon2

I have a quick question. We just returned from a 9 day trip and only got wristbands one night for the MK EMH, we were in the MK earlier that day and got the wristbands. What if you are say at EPCOT all day, watch illuminations and want to jump over to the MK to use the EMH. Do they allow you into the park after closing without wristbands if you can prove you are staying on property? maybe give you a wristband at the gate?

thanks, first time poster.

Tink313

They do give you a wristband at the gate or at city hall but I think you can only get in if you have a park hopper ticket, since you were at Epcot all day. I have done it before but I had the hopper feature.

bingie

I have a quick question. We just returned from a 9 day trip and only got wristbands one night for the MK EMH, we were in the MK earlier that day and got the wristbands. What if you are say at EPCOT all day, watch illuminations and want to jump over to the MK to use the EMH. Do they allow you into the park after closing without wristbands if you can prove you are staying on property? maybe give you a wristband at the gate?

Yes you will be allowed in the park (provided you have a park hopper) and you can get your wrist bands anytime after 7pm up until 930(ish - this park varies) BUT after they stop giving out the wrist bands, you and everyone in your party will have to show a room key to gain access to the attraction.

KingStefan

Original Poster

Hi, bdedon2. Welcome to these formus! I hope you like it here.

Yes you will be allowed in the park (provided you have a park hopper) and you can get your wrist bands anytime after 7pm up until 930(ish - this park varies) BUT after they stop giving out the wrist bands, you and everyone in your party will have to show a room key to gain access to the attraction.

I'm sure the time they stop giving out wristbands (if they do indeed stop) varies with the park and also park closing times. I've either hopped to MK or returned to MK after doing something else during EMH, sometimes quite late, and they were always wristbanding just past the turnstiles. I was not aware that they stopped wristbanding at all on EMH evenings.

I seem to remember on another thread (or earlier in this thread - I can't find it anymore) something about the "experiment" where you show your KTTW at the attraction entrance. Maybe this was a temporary thing. As far as I know, they continue to wristband all evening. Of course I could be wrong.

In Nov 07 we were at MK for MVMCP and had been sitting on the curb in the middle of Main Street waiting for the 1st Christmas parade, when two CM's began to walk down the line of folks asking to see their wristbands. We showed ours when they came to us, and they moved on. aBOUT 10 OR SO PEOPLE DOWN FROM US they came to a couple who obviously did not have the bands, and they promptly gave them the option of going to city hall to purchasing tickets for the party or they would have to leave MK. Of course the couple at first feigned ignorance, but then got angry when given the option of leaving or buying the tickets. I snickered under my breath, IT SERVED THEM RIGHT! You cant convince me they did not know they had to have special tickets for the party as there were signs EVERYWHERE! Now mind you this was about an hour and a half after the party started so where where they and what did they do during the first hour. I know they were unable to shop, or ride any attractions etc! Burns me up how some people try to get away with something for free when I had to pay 150.00 (Of which every penny was worth it!)

KingStefan

Original Poster
I'm glad to hear that they check. Listening to your comments about how you were glad they were found out and how you thought the party was worth the price, you might be interested in this thread over here:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=305380

which has been dormant for a while. In fact toward the end we were joking about prolonging it beyond it's useful life! :lol:

However, it might make for a bit of interesting reading. 170 posts right now, so of medium size.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom