Problems with pins on planes?

GoofyDan

Has anybody ever had (or heard of) problems with having pins in checked baggage? Since I started planning our trip, I've been buying pins for my wife and had planned to surprise her with them on the the plane.

I can't find were pins would be prohibited on the TSA list, and I can't imagine where they'd be much of a threat. What am I gonna do -- take six hours to pierce a flight attendant to death with a Haunted Mansion lanyard pin?

jillybeaner21

i always bring my pins with me onto the plane and never have a problem. I actually keep my lanyard in one of the small wdw souvenir bags so if they do have a problem i can just pull it out quickly for them to look at. but the last 4 times i've gone it's been no problem at all

Upvote 0

Trishnh

I have been worried about this too, but it has never been a problem. My kids all put theirs in their carry ons (probably about 20 each) and I have about 7 on my carry on bag and they have been fine.

Upvote 0

westie

Last few trips my pin bag has had a tsa note attached saying opened for inspection. I buy a lot of pins. Must look suspiscious to an x-ray.

Upvote 0

OneLuckyMom

Metal scissors metal with pointed tips and blades shorter than four inches in length are allowed. Pins have only a small sharp point - probably half an inch or less. You'll be fine.

And body piercings, which are probably the closest item to pins, are allowed as well.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

I forgot to mention this....I'm really terrified to fly. Last time I flew, I met the pilot and told him about my fears. At the end of the flight, to be funny, he brought me a pair of 'wings' that they normally give to children when they fly. They used to be a pin. He was required to rip the pin part off now, when giving the pins away, and just give people the plastic wings.

Still, I didn't have problems packing my Disney pins. :)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

Wow, I never thought of this! I've already bought lanyards & a few pins from E-bay so the kids can hit the ground running when we get to the parks, so they will be in our carry-ons. I would have been really bummed if they'd have been disallowed at the checkpoint. Good to know we'll be alright.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Has anybody ever had (or heard of) problems with having pins in checked baggage? Since I started planning our trip, I've been buying pins for my wife and had planned to surprise her with them on the the plane.

I can't find were pins would be prohibited on the TSA list, and I can't imagine where they'd be much of a threat. What am I gonna do -- take six hours to pierce a flight attendant to death with a Haunted Mansion lanyard pin?

We took them on the plane last year w/ no problems - even wearing the lanyards around our necks.
:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom