Problems paying with Gift Cards on WDW site

slipperalwaysfits

Hi All,
We got back from a trip in October and decided to do it all over again! We wanted to do a Bounce Back, but when we called when we were there, the whole month of November was blacked out so phooey.

Anyway, I've been buying gift cards at my Kroger. When I come home to pay them on the WDW make payment section, it recognizes my gift card and the value on the card. HOWEVER, when I type in the whole gift card number, it says "there's a problem paying with this card." I've done this FOUR different times since Nov. 1 and I'm really surprised. I called into Disney and they were clueless.

It's so much easier to pay online than to call in gift cards. Grr.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
you don't need to type in the whole gift card number, just the part of the number they ask for.

Also, you can only use one gift card at a time when you pay online. So if you have multiple gift cards, you need to also have multiple transactions.

Upvote 0

DoomBuggy72

you don't need to type in the whole gift card number, just the part of the number they ask for.

Also, you can only use one gift card at a time when you pay online. So if you have multiple gift cards, you need to also have multiple transactions.

If you go to disneygiftcard.com you can consolidate all your gift cards on to one of the cards, and only use one transaction on the Disney site.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Original Poster
I've been calling them in, but it's a pain compared to the ease of the website (at least last year's ease). I know I can only use one gift card at a time and that's all I've been trying to do. One gift card one week, another gift card another week. @DisneyBound2017 said "part of the card they need," What part is that? Because I type in the number before the security code....am I doing it wrong?
Thanks for your help!

Upvote 0

Dave B

I was doing the same thing, you might want to get a Target Card and switch to buying your gift cards at Target. The 5% savings stack up over the course of the year that you are saving

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom