Problem with Space Mountain Fast Pass?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
Hi everyone.
I've been going to the world for many years and recently moved to LA. Of course we immediately bought annual passes to Disneyland! Woo hoo! We're still trying to learn the ropes at Disneyland.
For instance last night we were there and left the CA to use our Space fastpasses at about 8:30 pm. We immediately encountered huge crowds going into DL. This was for fantasmic I assume? We don't know anything about getting good seats for fantasmic and how early to get them, etc. so I didn't even try that one.
Anyway - when we got to Space the standby line said 170 minutes! We walked up the ramp to use our treasured FP and we encountered a FP line that was huge! It reached the entry point, and wrapped around twice when it got upstairs! We waited at least 40 minutes. I've never seen anything like it.
The other interesting thing was the standby line was the shortest I've ever seen it. And yet a ton of people walked up to the standby line and then turned around and left. I heard one telling guests they were passing, it was too long go back.
Any ideas? Is this in anyway normal? Was the short standby line really a huge wait because they were letting the crazy long fastpass line go? I saw the standby line moving too, so it's not like they weren't letting anyone go from it. Was it because of the time of night? I have always heard at DW they let you use your fastpasses anytime after the window opens. They don't care if you're five hours past. Do they do that at DL? Could there have been that many people using them late?
Well, I managed to make a short question, incredibly long! :lol:
Thank you everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom