Private Chase Lounge available for Disney Visa Card holders at this year's Food and Wine Festival

Clamman73

Well.... I HAVE a WDW Chase Visa. But honest truth? I have no ida what I would do with a lounge :). I rarely go to EPCOT so I can sit in a chair :).

Me too, but I'll probably do it just to say I was there and chillz in da lounge. Was hoping for maybe a free wine sample.

pixargal

Woo hoo! Can't wait to check it out in November. I, too, am wondering how many people can accompany the cardholder. We are traveling with friends and would love to hang out with them in the lounge.

NX2I85

I'll check this out the last week of October. But honestly, I am not expecting any big whoop. I know Visa and Disney would like for me to go gaga over a free swig of soda, but I don't see that happening. I'm guessing my total time in the lounge will be 5 minutes or less.

nepalostparks

We visited the lounge on Sunday and Monday, and I wanted to share a few more details.

On Sunday, we visited around 10 a.m. and there was a short line waiting to get in. The cast member at the door was controlling capacity and was only letting people in as others exited, which was nice to see to keep the small lounge from getting too crazy. We waited between 5 and 10 minutes. You go down a small hallway, then hang a left, then a right into the lounge.

There is high top table/bar with several stools where the ipads are located. The table also has a spot with an assortment of cell phone/mobile device charger cords that you can plug into if you need a quick charge.

There are two sets of seating areas with a small table and flat screen tv at each one. The seating area closest to the door just had a Chase logo and advertisement rotating on the screen. The second seating area had Disney cartoons playing on the TV. Between the two seating areas is a large flat screen tv that is touch screen and interactive, with a map of Epcot and information on the Food & Wine Festival and Eat to the Beat Concert Series.

There is a coffee station and a cold drink station with several choices including Coca Cola, Sprite, water and Minute Maid Light Lemonade. Behind the coffee station are restrooms. There were also baskets of Werther's soft caramel candies around. A cast member was on hand in the room to answer questions about the F&W Festival.

Also in the back corner in the morning, there are cast members handing out wristbands. You can get a wristband for a reserved viewing area of Illuminations, which was located on the lagoon at the World Showcase Plaza (between the two merchandise shops, just behind the watermelon patch). They also had wristbands for reserved seating for each of the three Eat to the Beat concerts. The wristbands are all first come, first serve, and are limited (I seem to remember 100-200 being the numbers). You can get a wristband for both Illumination and a concert if you wish. We got a wristband for the Illuminations viewing and arrived at about 8:35 p.m., and there were maybe 30 other people in the area. By the time Illuminations started, there were maybe 100 to 150, but the roped off area we were in was far from crowded. We didn't grab a concert wristband, so can't comment on how that works out.

Also, there is a free open wi-fi network in the lounge that ran quite fast when I was using it. It is separate from the Epcot wi-fi network.

We visited again on Monday evening around 6:15 p.m., and it was just as crowded, but no wait to get in.

For a place to hang out and grab a free drink, it's ok. The lounge is small, and it was crowded, but as long as they keep it capacity controlled, it shouldn't be jammed. I wouldn't make a trek to the lounge from across the park, but if you're visiting the Festival Center, it's worth a stop. It's also worth a stop in the morning for wristbands for Illuminations or the concert if you're planning on being there later in the day for those.

Hope this helps!

jklakeview

I don't think I've ever been in the WoL Pavilion and if I was it was the one time I went in the 80s when I was quite young. This is the first time I'll be there for Food and Wine as well. When I go into WoL will I still see where the old attractions were? Has it all been gutted or walled off? Is there anything really cool in there that I should keep an eye out for? Thanks guys for your help and I'm really excited! I still think that if Disney was really smart they would have done one of two things while Test Track was down. 1. Open WoL for all the die hards with the attractions still there on a "See it one last time" type of status. or 2. Replaced Figment back to original state. Someone told me that the old beginning of Figment with the Dreamfinder is still in the building. Even though Test Track was down, the park would have been packed each day.

The MaD Hatter

My family stopped by the lounge on Sunday and nepalostparks described it very accurately. It was a nice little place to rest for a few minutes, enjoy some free soft drinks and candy, and plan what booths you're going to stop at for F&W. Unfortunately, we made it there too late (around 2:30pm) to get any wristbands for Illuminations or Eat to the Beat, so I'd recommended stopping by earlier in the day if you want a wristband. The woman doing crowd control said they gave out their last wristband around 1:30pm that day, but the park wasn't very crowded on Sunday.

LongballMG

Just want to stress that this lounge is small and it is NOT on the second floor of the pavilion. It is on the ground floor. Also, it is a walled in room so you can't sit and view anything from there.

The free drinks and private restroom are nice, but not worth a special trip if you aren't going to be spending the day at Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom