priority seating rules

SheriRDH

So I discovered a priority seating rule after a run-in with some nasty CM's and I want to spread the word so a CM does not yell at you too! I initially scheduled PS's at three parks at one time and planned to cancel when WDW put out the schedule for the parks- which they are only doing a few days in advance. The first CM told me that was pretty smart-When I got the schedule I cancelled the others- well the CM did NOT cancel them- I called to check b/c we are leaving in 4 days and the CM started to YELL at me about how I was robbing other people of PS's. And guest services had a nasty attitude too. Apparently you can NEVER book two PS's at the same time b/c they hold your PS for up to 30 minutes...yeah, right. My husband called later and the next CM told him they don't hold your table at all. I don't see what the big gripe is. Not to mention the CM did not do any of my PS's correctly. So, I am pretty disappointed as I have spent the last five years saving my pennies and the last six months planning this trip. It has realy taken some of the spirit out of our trip. Oh wel, better get over it fast...

CAPTAIN HOOK

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just one thing to bear in mind...............there are several thousand people employed by Disney working within "The World" - don't let the attitude of just two of them spoil your trip :)

Upvote 0

Candyapple

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just one thing to bear in mind...............there are several thousand people employed by Disney working within "The World" - don't let the attitude of just two of them spoil your trip :)

I second that!

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

Original Poster
I won't...I am over it now. I think I was just so shocked because every CM I have dealt with on the phone is SUPER. I just want others to know about this rule because in all of the reading I have done- never heard this one. Thanks! Will give you all a report soon- we leave in three days!!

Upvote 0

CamCodey

We had a PS last Tuesday for Cindy's for 4. I wasn't able to get through calling at the 60 days. I received this PS calling WDW every few days (Disney Club 1-800 #). The CM at the check-in podium was a little perturbed at the difference in # - we were actually a party of 5. She said that I may have to wait & some restaurants may not honor the 5 at all. I had kept my PS at Crystal Palace just in case this was the case. We were seated right away in one of the booths set for 4. It was a little tight, but the 5 of us were ok there.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I was told by Disney once that certain PS (probebly signiture restaurants) would actually charge you a nominal fee if you didn't show up at all (like around $10).

Has anyone else heard of that?

Upvote 0

jtwdw

While I don't agree that the CMs should have been rude, I do see their point. Why is it fair that one person (or group) holds 3 or 4 different Priority Seatings for the same time, then decides at the last minute which one to use? This causes two problems: 1) Other guests are not able to get a PS for that time and 2) Disney is potentially losing $ holding tables for a party that knows it cannot make all the seatings.

As far as the $10 fee, I have read that is in effect only for the Cinderella Breakfast, but it sounds like a good idea to me. This would at least be an incentive not to make reservations at multiple locations for the same time period.

Upvote 0

CamCodey

The Princess Storybook Breakfast in Norway now also requires a $ deposit on a credit card. I believe it is $10/adult and $5/child. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Upvote 0

Woody13

While I know that the Cindy reservation is a tough one to get, I have always been fortunate enough to be seated without a reservation. I guess I'm just lucky. As for the advanced deposit, I remember a few years back that some "do-good" group (Bernie's Angels?) used to call every day and make a bunch of PS reservations for Cindy's breakfast and then "give" them away to "needy" people. WDW started the credit card deposit to slow down such activities. However, I hear that it still is going strong.

:)

Upvote 0

Nansafan

Apparently you can NEVER book two PS's at the same time b/c they hold your PS for up to 30 minutes...yeah, right. My husband called later and the next CM told him they don't hold your table at all.

Well if they are supposed to be holding your table, they don't do a very good job of it. We had a PS for Contemporary Steakhouse and were 10 minutes late for our PS. The restaurant said that we'd have to wait until a table was available because we were late. We knew we were late and patiently waited. It was our fault after all. That's why they tell you to check-in 5 minutes before your time. Besides it's a PS not a reservation. The books tells you that a PS means you will be seated at the next available table for your party. You are not guaranteed a seat at the exact time of your PS.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Originally posted by jtwdw
Why is it fair that one person (or group) holds 3 or 4 different Priority Seatings for the same time, then decides at the last minute which one to use? This causes two problems: 1) Other guests are not able to get a PS for that time and 2) Disney is potentially losing $ holding tables for a party that knows it cannot make all the seatings.

As far as the $10 fee, I have read that is in effect only for the Cinderella Breakfast, but it sounds like a good idea to me. This would at least be an incentive not to make reservations at multiple locations for the same time period.

I agree!

I have a feeling the same goes on with the resort rooms too. That's why there are more rooms available as the date of your trip gets closer. Could it be the same people that cancel their rooms at the last minute too, depriving somebody of their Hotel choice?? :lookaroun

Hmmmm......and could it also be these people who are usually in front of me at the buffet and take the last 18 sausages while planning to eat only 3??????

:p :lol: :p :lol: :p

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

Original Poster
I swear I was not trying to take all of the sausages - just trying to be a good planner- and really I cancelled as I went with the schedule. I was just telling everyone about this "rule" because it seems to be the only one I didn't know about until I was in trouble:D :eek:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I think it's a fair rule...for the same reason that you can't have two Fastpasses at once (unless you go to Disneyland). I don't see why it's a problem not being able to have more than one at a time. Guests not keeping their reservations can hurt other guests' experiences, which isn't fair--especially at restaurants that tend to fill up; guests are either forced to eat at 8:30 at night or go to a different restaurant--it is simply an issue of being considerate to the other tens of thousands of guests--not your fault, but that is the reasoning, and I completely agree with it. While Disney does not reserve tables, they do hold spots for guests, pushing later priority seating times back--I'm not sure about a 30 minute rule, but there is certainly a limit on the number of guests--say they decide they can allow 30 guests in every 20 minutes, and you take 5 of them, but don't keep the reservation; that makes five other people have to wait till later, and it ripples through the system so that five guests cannot get in at all--walk-ins can always fill those tables, but it still hurts guest experience

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:( Opps do not try that with the Hoop de do review, they "will" charge you. We could not make it in time due to rain when the boats were cancelled due to the wx conditions. So we called about 45 mins before to cancel.

I was not aware they would charge us either, but luckily the CM was nice, when she told us there was not anything she could do.

BUT, she told us, if someone picked up the res. in the standby line we would not be charged. We were lucky and someone did pick it up :D Just be aware it may happen---

Upvote 0

SheriRDH

Original Poster
I know- there are several things you have to give your credit card for. I really was not trying to pull a fast one though. I cancelled the others as soon as the schedule came out. I just thought I was being a good planner:)

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lol: Plan, Plan, Plan--- That if for sure!! You really do have to do that unless you get to stay 3 weeks like our friends from England and etc--

I always PLAN but somehow it never works out-- COULD it be the Rain?? OR My 28 year old daughter who usually has her own plan Ha Ha-- LOL I think --- Ummmm Well----

Going next week by MYSELF!!! I can Plan what I want-- Do you think It will work :D :sohappy: :wave:

They should give singles a discount-- On the res' Sounds good to me!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom