Princess meet and greet

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
Someone please tell me that I am not the only adult around a little excited to meet a Disney Princess as an adult lol.

Belle from Beauty and the beast was my "Frozen" growing up. I love Belle, her story, and the movies! Made my mom sing 'Tale as old as Time' almost every night. However, I have never been able to meet her over the many times I have been to the park. Last few times we went with my son who had no interest. Now for the first time we are bringing our little princess and she loves the princesses. So while I sit here and listen to the movie soundtrack for the millionth time, I can't help but be excited and a little star struck that I will finally be able to "meet" her in person!

Dorky rant now done. :oops:

thomas998

Someone please tell me that I am not the only adult around a little excited to meet a Disney Princess as an adult lol.

Belle from Beauty and the beast was my "Frozen" growing up. I love Belle, her story, and the movies! Made my mom sing 'Tale as old as Time' almost every night. However, I have never been able to meet her over the many times I have been to the park. Last few times we went with my son who had no interest. Now for the first time we are bringing our little princess and she loves the princesses. So while I sit here and listen to the movie soundtrack for the millionth time, I can't help but be excited and a little star struck that I will finally be able to "meet" her in person!

Dorky rant now done. :oops:
Oh... you're not the only adult.... but then my family usually makes fun of the adults that stand in line by themselves, then carry on a conversation with the COLLEGE STUDENT in a costume as if they were the real person... Now I see no problem with adults getting photos with the characters... I do wonder just how the adults that want autographs or ask Cinderella how Gus is doing managed to escape the funny farm.... But hey maybe that's just me. Maybe there are a lot of people that carry on like that though honestly I think we only see maybe 1 or 2 folks like that on any given trip.... Of course we are probably around hundreds of people standing in line..... So maybe you can take comfort in knowing that your quite possibly one of the 1%ers.

EOD K9

I do wonder just how the adults that want autographs or ask Cinderella how Gus is doing managed to escape the funny farm.
When I was on my first cruise with the wife before we had children, I asked Jack Sparrow what its like on the boat with three other captains. And who is really in charge. Sometimes its fun to riff and improv with people you don't know. We didn't do the autographs. Just the pic.

drizgirl

Oh... you're not the only adult.... but then my family usually makes fun of the adults that stand in line by themselves, then carry on a conversation with the COLLEGE STUDENT in a costume as if they were the real person... Now I see no problem with adults getting photos with the characters... I do wonder just how the adults that want autographs or ask Cinderella how Gus is doing managed to escape the funny farm.... But hey maybe that's just me. Maybe there are a lot of people that carry on like that though honestly I think we only see maybe 1 or 2 folks like that on any given trip.... Of course we are probably around hundreds of people standing in line..... So maybe you can take comfort in knowing that your quite possibly one of the 1%ers.
Judge much?

drizgirl

OP, don't worry one bit what another poster or another guest in the parks thinks. We're all adults spending large sums of money to visit Disney. That in itself should encourage us all to be less judgmental.

Everyone should get to feel like a kid when they visit Disney. If that means visiting some characters without a kid in tow, how is that any different than someone else riding a coaster or dark ride? Enjoy. I hope you have a great trip and make some great memories.

KBLovedDisney

There is nothing wrong with that at all! I got excited last trip meeting BB8!!

Your inner child gets to come out and play at Disney, thank gawd. We are allowed that freedom to get back our days when our imaginations were at their finest. That's why I can't wait to go back :cat:

Last edited:

thomas998

When I was on my first cruise with the wife before we had children, I asked Jack Sparrow what its like on the boat with three other captains. And who is really in charge. Sometimes its fun to riff and improv with people you don't know. We didn't do the autographs. Just the pic.
You see what you did was still grounded in reality... I've seen more than one person that was carrying on with a character to a degree beyond an attempt at witty banter and well over on the side of delusional as they seemed very much to believe they really were talking to the actual character.

And at least you didn't get their autograph... I've seen more than a few grown women standing in line with no kids just to get autographs in scrapbooks they had created which I completely fail to understand since them signing their own book would be as good as having Linda Smith signing Cinderella... Autographs I understand with kids but will never understand it with the adults.

EOD K9

You see what you did was still grounded in reality... I've seen more than one person that was carrying on with a character to a degree beyond an attempt at witty banter and well over on the side of delusional as they seemed very much to believe they really were talking to the actual character.

And at least you didn't get their autograph... I've seen more than a few grown women standing in line with no kids just to get autographs in scrapbooks they had created which I completely fail to understand since them signing their own book would be as good as having Linda Smith signing Cinderella... Autographs I understand with kids but will never understand it with the adults.
Roger that.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member

Scrapbooking is an art, and everyone is an artist in their own way. I know many adults who scrapbook. And I know many adults who like to collect things. I don't see anything wrong with someone collecting signatures, especially in a work of art they created for the collection.

Sans Souci

I go on a Disney cruise every year with some friends. We usually get our photo taken with the princesses in the atrium. It's a bit of fun and not something I'd usually do with my family.

There is a small group of single men who take it too far. Someone once posted here that he looked down Rapunzel's dress while she was crouching down to talk to a toddler and another creeper posted a photo of Belle where the neckline of her dress "buckled" forward.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
There is a small group of single men who take it too far. Someone once posted here that he looked down Rapunzel's dress while she was crouching down to talk to a toddler and another creeper posted a photo of Belle where the neckline of her dress "buckled" forward.
Wow. I would say I am surprised, but like you said someone will always be "that" person.

thomas998

Scrapbooking is an art, and everyone is an artist in their own way. I know many adults who scrapbook. And I know many adults who like to collect things. I don't see anything wrong with someone collecting signatures, especially in a work of art they created for the collection.
Yes, but if you had a collection of actor and actresses what would be the point of having those photos autographed by someone other than the actual actor or actress... would you think it made any sense to have John Smith signing the Johnny Depp photo as Johnny Depp? Sorry but it just makes no sense and given what the signatures in my daughters autograph book have looked like I think you would more often than not be better off signing Cinderella yourself.

drizgirl

Yes, but if you had a collection of actor and actresses what would be the point of having those photos autographed by someone other than the actual actor or actress... would you think it made any sense to have John Smith signing the Johnny Depp photo as Johnny Depp? Sorry but it just makes no sense and given what the signatures in my daughters autograph book have looked like I think you would more often than not be better off signing Cinderella yourself.
Why do you care?

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I do get your point. And I see why you would think it was strange on some level if that person really believed entirely that the actor was Cinderella. However, many people, myself included, see it a bit differently. That young adult is an actor. Her signing the book as Cinderella is no different than Johnny Depp signing as Jack Sparrow. Sometimes it is no different than an actor signing as themselves since their name is a stage name and their public persona is really all an act anyway.

The characters at Disney World are of course just played by actors, but that doesn't make me Cinderella. I would never sign the autograph as such because I am not her. But that actor? Sure, she has studied the character, acts like her, becomes her for so many hours every week. She makes sure she acts the same way as all of the other actors playing the same part to maintain the magic. For all intents and purposes, she is Cinderella. She is the closest that I will ever come to meeting her IRL. So why not revel in the magic of it just for a bit. When I get back home, the magic will be done and reality will be upon me once again. But for those 8 days, I can live in the wonder of it, and watch my daughter live in the magic of it, and just enjoy the moment. Then look back on the autograph book years from now, and relive the moment all over again through memories.

thomas998

Why do you care?
A better question is why do you care that people are discussing something. The reality is a forum isn't a place where you just get a chorus of yes men singing that everything you think is truer than true. The world is a little more complicated than that, but you seem to simply be looking for reassurances about what you believe which say more about yourself than anything else.

drizgirl

A better question is why do you care that people are discussing something. The reality is a forum isn't a place where you just get a chorus of yes men singing that everything you think is truer than true. The world is a little more complicated than that, but you seem to simply be looking for reassurances about what you believe which say more about yourself than anything else.
As your comments say more about you than anyone else posting here.

I'm fine with my "live and let live" message here.

thomas998

As your comments say more about you than anyone else posting here.

I'm fine with my "live and let live" message here.
One would expect the comments to say more about the person making the comment than about anyone else now wouldn't they? All a comment can ever do is open the eyes of people to different points of view whether the reader is swayed or not is a different story... Your comments simply give rise to a interesting question... how do you justify saying "live and let live" while also saying "judge much" to a comment you don't agree with? I might suggest you practice what you preach and then people will take your comments a bit more seriously.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom