Princess Makeover Pain

ferbtones

Original Poster
We went to WDW this Easter, and booked my 4 year old for the Castle package at MK BBB. She chose the Ariel two piece costume, and the bun hairstyle with the pink extensions.

Now for the bad bit. She was pulled about so much by her stylist that she cried, complaining how much her hair was hurting and it was too tight. The stylist was a more mature lady with limited English skills, and just kept saying she's fine.

We managed to loosen the hair after it was all finished, which seemed to be ok with daughter.

But since we got home I have noticed a bald patch on the back of her head, there are short pieces all over as though broken under stress, and hair looks a bit thinner on the left side.

It is such a mess that I took her to a salon and they have cut it into a bob to give it chance to heal off, which is upsetting as she was going for Rapunzel length!

I am so upset by the whole thing as we shelled out big bucks for what was supposed to be a wonderful experience and turned into a nightmare.

LizC

Wow! This is horrible to hear. I have yet to do the BBB thing, as my children are to young, but I am so sad to hear that it was such an awful expierence for your daughter.

If I were you I would call and complain. It may not get you much, but it may save someone else's little girl going through this. Do you remember the mature women's name?

ferbtones

Original Poster
I have just blown up a photo my hubby took and I can see her name badge. She is called Ruth, but cannot make out where she is from. I am waiting for my Disney photo cd to see if I can pick it up on there.

Who do you think I should call, as only have an address for complaints, so was wondering if I should write. But I heard that this was like shouting at a brick and only a standard response would be sent.

Believe me my daughter is no cry baby, at 23 months she was run over by a speeding mobility scooter and came through it ok. But there is actual physical evidence that this had to hurt.

Not in the habit of paying to hurt my child. I am from Yorkshire in England. We are famous for being careful with money.

LizC

I honestly have never made a formal complaint to Dinsey before. I have read on this website, same as you, that sometimes you do not get very far, but I would do it anyway. It is unreal that your child left in pain and you had to cut her hair!

Another way to deal with it may be to write a review of the BBB on independent websites, at the very least it would warn other parents to watch very closely what these "Fairy Godmothers" are doing to as they have thier own daughters hair done. It is possible that Disney managers would see your posts.

Does anyone else have some advice for her??? I wish I had an email or phone number for you.

HouCuseChickie

That's awful! I have one friend who had one child complain that her hair was pulled and it hurt, but the end result was not this. Wow- just horrible!!!:eek:

I have only complained via email and the complaint was more along the lines of bad food/bad service. While you could do an online complaint, I'd almost be tempted to call the line you use to book BBB and start there- i.e. find out who they can transfer you to so you can properly address the bodily harm caused to your child by this experience. IF not, I think there are other contact us options on the website and you might be able to get someone by saying the right things in the audio response menu. I'd also take pictures of the damage and possibly consider a trip to your pediatrician...i.e. just more to show them this isn't just a matter of a bun being a little too tight.

I mean- I don't care which pkg you booked- the end result is just not right. Wow! I hope you get some results and I hope all heals nicely.

ferbtones

Original Poster
Wow, thank you so much for your kind thoughts and support, and your helpful suggestions. I am going to try calling through to the booking line for BBB to see if they can offer any assistance.

My daughter has come through it all fine apart from the physical evidence that still shows, although for our next trip she has my most solemn vow that she does not have to visit that 'hair place' again! Boy is she going to get spoiled the next time we are in the MK.

I just feel so guilty that she had to go through this, but had seen so many positive reviews of the place that I had no idea it would be so bad. Lesson learned.

Besides which, she is so naturally pretty to me, and looks totally cute rocking her new bobbed hair, that even if she had enjoyed it I would be less than keen for her to repeat the experience.

So if I manage to get anywhere I will post back on here to let you know.

Cheers once again.

LizC

Well I am glad she is not soured on all things Disney.

Certainly post here again and let us know how she is doing. I hope she has a wonderful summer!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom