News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

boardwalk22

Listen, WDW maintenance has certainly had its highs and lows over the years and often leaves a lot to be desired. The departments are woefully understaffed and under funded.

I'll be honest, I was thinking about it recently and said to myself that Disney could get a ton of cheap labor if they just enlisted Die-Hard Disney Fans to do all of the work that they could not afford. I bet a ton of people would be willing to work for free to say that they helped with X-attraction or Y-land. I know that I would for sure.

lazyboy97o

I'll be honest, I was thinking about it recently and said to myself that Disney could get a ton of cheap labor if they just enlisted Die-Hard Disney Fans to do all of the work that they could not afford. I bet a ton of people would be willing to work for free to say that they helped with X-attraction or Y-land. I know that I would for sure.
“You get what you pay for.”

It would also be illegal.

boardwalk22

“You get what you pay for.”

It would also be illegal.

Yes, got that. Was meant as a semi-joke, sorry if I did not make it clear.

I would still say that there are some pretty talented Disney fans who would be assets to Disney, with or without compensation - but with ‘cuz otherwise it is illegal.

FerretAfros

That's the basic premise of the Disney College Program.

JohnD

"Cheap labor?" Ha, for Disney it would be better than that. Why pay Die-Hard Disney fans a cheap rate when the fans willl gladly fork over $$$ for an upcharge "event" to create a Disney attraction.

boardwalk22

"Cheap labor?" Ha, for Disney it would be better than that. Why pay Die-Hard Disney fans a cheap rate when the fans willl gladly fork over $$$ for an upcharge "event" to create a Disney attraction.
Now THAT is an idea! People pay Disney to do work themselves. Not a bad business model ;)

The Grand Inquisitor

Honestly I'm not shocked about Rivers of Light. It's gotten really bad reviews. I never got the chance to see it. I hope the park will get a new nighttime show. I'm glad they finally announced Stitch being closed. Hopefully we will get something to replace it. I'm really shocked to see Primeval Whirl go. This does not bode well for Dinoland's future. Maybe we see Zootopia, Indy, or Ice Age replace it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom