News Primeval Whirl, Stitch's Great Escape and Rivers of Light permanently closed

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It'll be interesting to see if more are added to this list or more likely if a new seasonal list will come it of this. If we are looking at permanently closing any others, my guesses are Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Citizens of Hollywood, & the Pixar Shorts Theater

I think we might see the following go seasonal status: Turtle Talk with Crush, Country Bear Jamboree, & Tom Sawyer's Island.
Didn’t they close the mermaid show prior to all this?

Moka

Are the midway games of Chester and Hester operating? If not, that means the spinner is the only thing open in that sub-land.
If I recall, no, they're not. They're all closed off. So yes, this only leaves the spinner in that land besides Dinosaur.

However, I automatically assume the games are closed off because they don't want that physical interaction during this time.

Piebald

Are the midway games of Chester and Hester operating? If not, that means the spinner is the only thing open in that sub-land.

I could see them moving the spinner to somewhere else in the park with new decoration. It's cheap to operate and is one of the few rides people under a certain height can do.
I dont remember seeing them open last week. Kind of hard to practice sanitizing and social distant with games where kids keep touching balls or darts or whatever they have there.

Piebald

PW doesnt surprise me but that's gonna look real bad especially now without any entertainment in that area. It's not enclosed so it looks REALLY cheap and bad. I walked by it last week and forgot it was closed.

RoyalPrinceLeon

Well, I've never seen RoL in person. I had been waiting til I go back to see in person. I just watched the original version on YouTube. Honestly I didn't like it. I've seen water screens before and I am comparing it to WoC (youtube as well).

It feels like something is missing. The music was ok. It didn't have a story. I watch the other version. Adding animated characters just felt tacky.

They own national geographic... why not have the show ased on that. Like watching a giant nature doc. That might be more in touch with the park message.

RoyalPrinceLeon

As for the other 2 attactions... ya.. it was time for stitch to leave and whirl was just very... tacky. I hope they expand this area of dinoland into more scientific based attractions cause I like the theme of dinosaur. I am a dino geek lol. Universal has jurassic park/world to get the sci-fi dino geek excited. Always felt like dinoland was rush, I know it was. Maybe they can take way the roadside theme and make it more of a dig site with scientists trying to revive dinos or send u back in time.

RoyalPrinceLeon

The new normal will effect how disney plans it future rides. Lots of things getting canceled. Its a hard time for any business that relies on crowds right now.

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
Never got to really see RoL, I saw part of it from the bridge once, but could never get a seat to watch it as it was too crowded... Ah the good old days (2019) :)
Saw it two years ago tonight from the bridge between Asia and Dinoland. 5 minutes inato the show, they had a computer glitch and the show stopped. They rebooted and the boats went back to where they started from. Then the show restarted and went as planned. It was ok, I had higher hopes for it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom