Prime Now w/alcohol

dreamfinder

Has anyone done a Prime Now delivery from Whole Foods that included alcohol? It specifies that someone over 21 needs to show ID when getting the order, but wasn't sure if bell services counts, or if we had to actually be there when they dropped off the order. I've done lots of other Prime Now deliveries that bell services always accepts (I've never been notified they were there, just that it was delivered) just none with alcohol. Any experiences would be helpful.

dreamfinder

Original Poster
So how exactly did that work for you? When you got the "Your Prime Now order will arrive soon" text did you basically go down to the lobby and hound anyone dropping off the Amazon brown bags until you found the one who had your order?

Upvote 0

Duffman72

I ordered, and just requested a call when they arrived at security so I could meet them at the front of the resort. It is super easy and convenient. The only downside is they only have beer and wine, no spirits. (At least the last time I was there.)

Upvote 0

awoogala

I ordered, and just requested a call when they arrived at security so I could meet them at the front of the resort. It is super easy and convenient. The only downside is they only have beer and wine, no spirits. (At least the last time I was there.)
yes, this is why we've done instacart last few times- to get liquor. ;)

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Original Poster

My concern was that when I've made requests using Prime Now before, they weren't followed. I had an order where I explicitly requested that cold things be packed together and labeled so that bell services would put them in the refrigerator. I wasn't notified that they were close (only that it has been delivered), cold things weren't packed together, and the cold bags weren't labeled. I ended up with a pint of Ben & Jerry's that was soft serve consistency (at least had been in a cold bag) and a thing of yogurt that was room temp (put in a bag with carrots), and none of the bags with cold things were put in cold storage. Thankfully I picked it up shortly after it was delivered, but when I had used other services they had usually labeled the bags that needed to be kept cold.

I did go ahead and order from Whole Foods with beer this trip. I did get notification that they had arrived, but the driver had problems verifying my ID. Probablly took 5 mins from when she arrived to when she finally gave up and gave me my order. The process was smoother than I expected, but not as convenient as some of the others who accept just a scan of your ID and don't require you be present.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom