Priceline Rental Cars

jumpinjamie

Original Poster
Back in February, we decided to rent a car through Priceline. Priceline allows you to reserve your rental car, but does not charge your card until you get there. When we arrived at MCO, we reported right to the rental company's pick up lane to take their shuttle. We waited 90 minutes and no shuttle. I found their phone number, called them and they said "Oh sorry we ran out of cars". So "reserving" a car on Priceline actually does not mean reserving a car. We quickly "reserved" another car for a company who's shuttle we actually saw. We just got on a crowded shuttle and were the last in line at the office. Every single person in front of us got up in arms saying things like "That's not what the website said!" "Where on Priceline does it say that?!" And sure enough when it was our turn, the price that they wanted to charge us was now triple what Priceline quoted. Everybody else gave in and paid which is what they're relying on, but I just called a Lyft. When all was said and done, I determined taking a Lyft was actually cheaper when you factor in parking at the parks/resorts. Be wary of using Priceline for rentals!

Weather_Lady

Sorry that happened to you!

Unfortunately, "we ran out of cars" is a scenario that can happen even when you reserve a rental car directly through a rental company. It's a good idea to consult the overbooking policies of your rental car company (and/or Priceline) ahead of time so you know what your rights are, if any. (I've seen it happen at Alamo, but it can occur anywhere - car rental companies are notorious for overbooking). I'm glad you found a better, less expensive workaround!

Last edited:

ninjaprincesst

We had a bad experience with orbit, they had a car but the car we reserved was a midsize and they were trying to make us take a compact (four people plus luggage compact was not happening), they then wanted to double the price to give us what we reserved even though I had a print out from orbitz showing what size we reserved and a picture of a midsize car. We spent an hour arguing with them , and since it was before lyft and uber and we were staying off site we had no choice, finally had to take the compact to get on with our trip. That was the last time I stayed off property and the last time I rented a car.

draybook

They know how to "take" the reservation, but not how to "hold" the reservation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom