Prey Reviews

TalkingHead

So why didn’t this get a theatrical release? Reviews seem positive, and it’s not as if the theaters are overrun with big new releases.

mf1972

i generally surprised to see this is getting good reviews. if anything, it couldn’t be as bad as the last movie.

MickeyMouse10

Pretty good movie, nicely shot and beautiful to look at. I just had two problems with it.

1. I wish the character would have supported her brother more and not act like a pouty, jealous brat. It sheds a poor light on her as a person. For some reason she seemed to act like a wet blanket whenever he did something good.

and

2. I thought there could have been more different people for the Predator to kill. Like in the original and other recent ones. There is an assortment of different people with unique skills.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The direct-to-Hulu release of “Prey,” the action-thriller prequel to “Predator,” notched the most viewing hours ever on the Disney-owned streamer in its first three days — among all TV series and movies.

That would mean “Prey” had a bigger aggregate viewing-time total over three days than “The Kardashians,” which Hulu in April said was its biggest TV series premiere at the time.

Disney decided to forgo a theatrical release for 20th Century Studios’ “Prey,” which premiered Aug. 5 on on Hulu in the U.S., as well as on Disney’s Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ under the Star banner in all other territories.

Disney said “Prey” also was the most-watched film premiere on Star+ in Latin America and on Disney+ under the Star banner.

However, as is often the case with streaming platforms, Hulu and Disney are not releasing the specific number of hours “Prey” was viewed. Netflix, meanwhile, does release viewing metrics and rankings for titles on its service, based on total hours streamed in a given time period."

oogie boogie man

WOW! I'm glad it did good. Maybe this will get Disney to create more adult content. So much of their stuff lately looks like Freeform or the Disney Channel.

mf1972

actually forgot about this movie & finally sat down to watch it. surprisingly not bad at all. too bad it didn’t get the theatrical release.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom