Pretty please, help me decide mouseketeers!

Beckett

Hello everyone! :) I have not been here in a while, but am back at it planning another Disney vacation. Thank you all for your suggestions for my first onsite trip which was from Dec. 28-Jan. 6 at All Stars Music and it really was amazing and I may now never be happy staying offsite again :D and frankly I could not even write a trip report because I missed being there so much that I got emotional every time I attempted it :cry::p so here I am! Trying to figure out if I can plan a trip for June for my 9 year old and me, and I wanted your opinion on the following: I found a great deal which includes airfare, stay at All Stars Sports, and a two day ticket with the water park and more option from June 11-19 for 2,000 dollars. I also have Universal tickets (2 days) already paid for. I told a friend and she said it was a great deal, but I'd like the experts here to help me make a decision. I also have the option to choose between Sports or go with Music again. Thank you! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Hello everyone! :) I have not been here in a while, but am back at it planning another Disney vacation. Thank you all for your suggestions for my first onsite trip which was from Dec. 28-Jan. 6 at All Stars Music and it really was amazing and I may now never be happy staying offsite again :D it was amazing, and frankly I could not even write a trip report because I missed being there so much that I got emotional every time I attempted it :cry::p so here I am! Trying to figure out if I can plan a trip for June for my 9 year old and me, and I wanted your opinion on the following: I found a great deal which includes airfare, stay at All Stars Sports, and a two day ticket with the water park and more option from June 11-20 for 2,000 dollars. I also have Universal tickets (2 days) already paid for. I told a friends and she said it was a great deal, but I'd like the experts here to help me make a decision. I also have the option to choose between Sports or go with Music again. Thank you! :rolleyes:
Where are you flying from? It sounds like an okay deal, but nothing amazing.

$600 two round trip flights
$550 park tickets

That leaves about $95 per night for nine nights at an All Star, which is about a 35% discount from rack rates. Pretty good.

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
Well, I was going to visit Universal twice and visit the Disney waterparks twice as well. And since I just went last January I thought it would be ok. I would love more days but this time my budget is less.

Upvote 0

RMichael21

Well, I was going to visit Universal twice and visit the Disney waterparks twice as well. And since I just went last January I thought it would be ok. I would love more days but this time my budget is less.
Honestly, I don't know you as a person, but I'd say when you arrive at WDW, you're going to be wishing that you went to the parks. Last February, we were visiting family in southern Florida, but being so close to WDW just irked me in the weirdest way that we planned a trip for two days just a few days out. And that was just a couple hundred miles away. Imagine how your going to feel being on WDW property and only going to the water parks. That's just my two cents, but you could feel differently.

Especially staying for nine nights, what are you planning on doing for those days. Sure, two at the water parks and two at Universal, but how are you filling those other days?

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

That's about what you'd pay for the current summer discounts at All Stars, for those tickets, and an average airfare cost (depending on where you're flying from.) So you'll get 2 days in Disney parks, 2 days in water parks, and 2 days at Universal. And a few pool days or Disney Springs days. Sounds fun! I like to have "off" days on my longer trips too.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I found a great deal which includes airfare, stay at All Stars Sports, and a two day ticket with the water park and more option from June 11-19 for 2,000 dollars.
I think that's a good deal, and you seem excited but are you getting only a two day park ticket for an 8 day vacation? I think that might be a bit insufficient.

Upvote 0

Bryan Slater

Hello everyone! :) I have not been here in a while, but am back at it planning another Disney vacation. Thank you all for your suggestions for my first onsite trip which was from Dec. 28-Jan. 6 at All Stars Music and it really was amazing and I may now never be happy staying offsite again :D and frankly I could not even write a trip report because I missed being there so much that I got emotional every time I attempted it :cry::p so here I am! Trying to figure out if I can plan a trip for June for my 9 year old and me, and I wanted your opinion on the following: I found a great deal which includes airfare, stay at All Stars Sports, and a two day ticket with the water park and more option from June 11-19 for 2,000 dollars. I also have Universal tickets (2 days) already paid for. I told a friend and she said it was a great deal, but I'd like the experts here to help me make a decision. I also have the option to choose between Sports or go with Music again. Thank you! :rolleyes:
It's not a bad deal at all. Call them back and see if there Summer Awaken Deal is better then the one you got. The days you are traveling it's available for. Also if your military that discount is the best one. I only pay about 65-70 a night at All Star Movies and my trip is 6-38 to 7-9. Any other questions just message me.

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
Thank you for your answers :). I just visited for 10 days (Dec. 28- Jan. 6), as it said in the post, and I visited very single park, some of them twice, so this is why I thought I'd be fine with those 2 park days + 2 water park days. We've never visited the waterparks and never got to use the hotel pools when we went in December so I thought this would be something nice. The deal was through Orbitz which I have always found to be cheaper.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
this is why I thought I'd be fine with those 2 park days + 2 water park days.
From my perspective, I'd like to still visit a park even after the water park. To put it another way, we've never been able to stay at the water park for 8+ hours. Everyone is different, and I can only give you how I tend to do disney.

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
Ok, thank you very much for your suggestions! I guess I'll just explore a little bit more on the tickets opiton. We enjoyed all the parks and I think the only one we are not set on going to is Hollywood Studios because we'd like to wait for all the new things that they are adding to be ready.

Upvote 0

Beckett

Original Poster
When we went in December we left HS early due to this + rain but I think we got to ride almost all the main rides. All the other parks were visited twice and we rode it all. MK we've visited several times before. This was my first onsite visit, but we've stayed offsite before and have visited the parks as well. This time onsite was great and much better but I do regret not being able to use the pools + waterparks due to it being so cold.

Upvote 0

NonnaT

I think your plan is solid!
We had a great time at Typhoon Lagoon and we were toast after a day in sun and water. No strength to hit the parks.
Also, there's nothing keeping you from heading to the Poly beach to check out the fireworks one night after a resort day. There are also art classes at AoA for free for kids, even if not staying there. Movies and marshmallow roasts on the beach at night.
You could also travel to the TTC, hop a boat to Fort Wilderness, hang out with Chip and Dale, roast s'mores, watch a movie, and see the electrical water parade ALL FOR FREE (except the s'mores kit) in the evening.
There is lot to do at Disney that doesn't include the parks!
Oops, I forgot about mini golf (Check online, there are usually 2 for 1 offers).
So lots to do without spending a whole bunch.
Have fun on your trip!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom