Pressed Pennies/Pressed Quarters

schro513

It has been several years since we were last at WDW, the last time we came it seemed like there was a Pressed Penny/Pressed Quarter machine at every turn. Is that still the case, I think it would be a lot of fun for our kids and I'm trying to decided if its worth the effort to try to scrounge up my change!

shari71

They are still everywhere. I usually save my change for months and put the quarters in a mini-M&M case. Works great to keep all the quarters together. Also save the shiniest pennies...I forgot that the first year and had tons of quarters, but no pennies.

Upvote 0

Cynderella

Be aware too, that if you buy the pressed penny book in Disney, they no longer have slots for the quarters - which are bigger than the pennies. I was told this when I bought my very first book in November. I ususally only get the pressed pennies anyway so it worked out ok for me.

Upvote 0
On my last visit (December 2006) I decided to start collecting the pressed pennies. My wife & son were not feeling well, so I decided to devote a day to searching for penny presses. What I found was a lot of broken machines. In one day I went through the Magic Kingdom, the Resorts on the Monorail, Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney. I would say that 25% of the machines I came across were broke. It was a fun way to spend a day though.

Oh yea, take your own shinny pennies, they are not real easy to come by down there.

Upvote 0

daverube

I've never collected the pressed pennies (we're waiting to have kids as we thought that a "collection trip" would be a fun family idea), but I did find a website with a printable checklist. I don't know who maintains it and I cannot vouch for its accuracy.

!!!WARNING!!! If you like searching on your own, this list will be a MAJOR SPOILER!!!

http://www.presscoins.com/Listings/WDWChecklist.pdf

my 2 cents (no pun intended)....

dave

Upvote 0

GenerationX

My sons love collecting smooshed pennies. There are machines in most every gift shop throughout WDW. I am insane enough to collect shiny pennies all year, put them in rolls, and take them with us to the parks. I also take along a couple of rolls of quarters.

Upvote 0

Juliaz3

Pennies

Yes, there are still lots of squish penny machines around. My boyfriend discovered the joy of squish pennies on our recent trip -- his first. I used to collect and then stopped, so I got back into it. Most we saw cost 50 cents plus the penny, but at Tower of Terror it was $1.25! We both passed on that -- how can they justify charging 75 cents more?

I never saw any squish quarter machines, but I wasn't actively looking.

Upvote 0

mgraef

Sounds like fun. My son will love that. So bring lots of shiny pennies and lots of quarters to pay for the squisher. I hope homeland security lets me on the plane with all that metal.

Upvote 0

shari71

On our last flight I just made sure I didn't put it into any containers, but left it free flowing in a baggie. One year I had it in the M&M container and got pulled for an extra search because they could not identify it. Lesson learned.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom