Preliminary Schedule - August 20 to 28 2011

dmatt87

I wanted to get opinions on my "first-timer" schedule!

We are staying at the CSR for 8 nights. Park hopper passes. All breakfast at the resort (Maya Grill)

Saturday(20)
Travel most of the day, arrival around 7pm. Dinner at resort.

Sunday (21)
Morning at MK and lunch / Afternoon at Epcot / Break at resort / dinner at Epcot (restaurant TBD) / Night at Epcot

Monday (22)
Full day at DHS with a break mid-afternoon / dinner at DHS (restaurant TBD) / Night at DHS / Fantasmic show / Extra hours

Tuesday (23)
Full day at Epcot with mid-afternoon break / 3pm parade at MK / dinner at Les Chefs de France / Night at Epcot / Illuminations show / Extra hours

Wednesday (24)
Day at AK / End of afternoon break / DTD visit / Dinner at Wolfgang Puck Café / Movie Night at AMC theater

Thursday (25)
Full day at Universal Studios with dinner

Friday (26)
Full day at MK with mid-afternoon break / Dinner at Tony Town Square / Electrical Parade / Wishes fireworks / Extra hours

Saturday (27)
Morning at pool / stroll on boardwalk / lunch at DTD / afternoon at Disney Quest / Late afternoon break / dinner at Fultons Crab House /

Sunday (28)
Light stroll on resort for pictures / packing / check out / airport

Feel free to make suggestions - it's my first time :)

JKWoo

Be prepared

Be prepared for some wet weather. I always go to the dollar store and load up with some cheap ponchos. Make sure you stay hydrated. Stop in at almost any restuarant in any park or resort and ask for ice water, they'll be more than happy to oblige. Take things slow and easy, don't try to to do everything at once. My 10 year old son will be visiting for the 5 time at the end of August, it'll be my wife and my 13 visit. We always enjoy relaxing at the resort pools, it's a great way to take a rest in the middle of a hot Florida summer day. Have a great honeymoon and congratulations - we honeymooned at the Caribbean and Wilderness Lodge 16 years ago!

Upvote 0
Looks like a great trip!

We might see you down there as we will in the parks/dcl cruise from 08/17 through 09/04. Actually, we will keep an eye out as we will also be at the MK with you on 26th :)

Congrats on the wedding, be sure to tell everyone you are on your honeymoon. We did this back in August of 2003 and they treated us like royalty.

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
Be prepared for some wet weather. I always go to the dollar store and load up with some cheap ponchos. Make sure you stay hydrated. Have a great honeymoon and congratulations - we honeymooned at the Caribbean and Wilderness Lodge 16 years ago!

Thanks for the advice and the congratulations. We will try to enjoy it to a maximum!

Looks like a great trip!

We might see you down there as we will in the parks/dcl cruise from 08/17 through 09/04. Actually, we will keep an eye out as we will also be at the MK with you on 26th :)

Congrats on the wedding, be sure to tell everyone you are on your honeymoon. We did this back in August of 2003 and they treated us like royalty.

Thanks - on the 26th we will be having diner at Tonys at 5pm. If you want to spot us, look for a 6' guy with a pack sack and a 5' gal wearing glasses. We might even we wearing our bride and groom Mickey ears!

Upvote 0

Blueskyze

I'll be there at the end of August, as well...20-27! I spent one day at WDW about 12 years ago, so this is an "almost" first for me, and a real first for my son (5 yo) and husband.

dmatt - since I'm a newbie, I obviously can't offer any advice, but it definitely looks like you've got it all planned out! I'm trying to finalize our day-to-day schedule right now. Got a couple of reservations made, but still working on the whole "which park on which day" logistics.

Congrats!!!

Upvote 0

dmatt87

Original Poster
I'm trying to finalize our day-to-day schedule right now. Got a couple of reservations made, but still working on the whole "which park on which day" logistics.

Congrats!!!

thanks.

Here's a good tip - when making your schedule take into consideration you ADRs but also the EMH. I liked the fact that I could maximize my day in one park!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom