Pregnant @ Universal

LilMommyBug

Original Poster
We are going in May & I will be 5 months pregnant. Would Spiderman be okay for me to ride?

Obviously the coasters are out, but should the rest of the simulators be okay?

Thank you :wave:

ImaYoyo

We are going in May & I will be 5 months pregnant. Would Spiderman be okay for me to ride?

Obviously the coasters are out, but should the rest of the simulators be okay?

Thank you :wave:
I'd give a big "nope" to spidey. It's got some turns and twists that bang you around, and a part with a lot of vibration.

But Congrats!

figmentmom

Congratulations! :wave:

Personally, I'd skip anything bumpy at all - better safe than sorry. You might want to check with your obstetrician, though.

BarryH

Don't mind me, but I thought that you wanted to ask how to get pregnant at Universal. For that, I would suggest a candlelit dinner followed by a room at the Portofino. :ROFLOL:

kcnole

The brochures actually recommend which rides you should and should not ride. I think they're a bit overly cautious on a few of them though as I don't see any reason why you couldn't ride Jaws or experience Twister. However I would definitely avoid the following:

Universal Studios:
Jimmy Neutron
Men In Black
The Mummy
The Simpsons
Depending on how cautious you want to be, ask for stationary seats at Shrek.

Everything else there should be ok.

Islands of Adventure:
All the coasters
Spiderman
Jurassic Park
Dudley Do-Right
Storm Force Acceletron (if you're the least bit nauseus)
and depending on how much you're showing, the high in the sky seuss trolley ride as those lapbars come down tight.

I don't know whether I'd ride Popeye either.

Most of IOA focuses on more thrilling experiences so its obviously harder on pregnant women than the studios are. However there's still great things to do there. Most of Seuss Island is fine, Poseidon's Adventure and Sinbad's adventure are of course ok in Lost Continent (and enjoy a good lunch at Mythos) but the rides in Marvel, Toon Lagoon, and Jurassic Park may be a bit too much (although you would enjoy some time in the Jurassic Park discovery center)

Shawzee

Woot! First Post :)
Our mother was pregnant on our summer 2007 trip, and she still enjoyed it as much as we did, i think it was 4 months pregnant for her, she rode spidey, and enjoyed, it did make her a bit sick though, so it depends on you really, things she rode in the studios:
Shrek 4D Moving Seats
Twister
Earthquake/Disaster. I think that was the roughest one she rode
Jaws
Men In Black - Another one to be careful about.
E.T
Terminator 3D

We never rode the Nickelodeon Ride So were not sure but theres plenty at the Studios to enjoy for her. Islands of Adventure:
All of Seus Land
Posidons Fury
Spiderman-Careful
Yes, not so much there, but she was fine, she liked the atmosphere, and the theming, and she also looked after the youngest one so there was still quite a bit to do, water fountins to put your feet in. Seaworld was also a great park for her aswell, so she still really enjoyed it! Good Luck :) the babys fine now :p we called her Evie

Skip Jaws. The rocking is pretty violent and can be very jarring depending on which boat you get (They all have minds of their own, I swear!) Once the ride has started, there's really no way for the skipper to stop the rocking short of an E-Stop, which is generally reserved for a man-overboard situation. Honestly, I would skip anything Universal recommends an expectant mother shouldn't experience. Yes, Maybe Universal is being overly cautious, but if it were my child, I would want to be overly cautious myself. Skipping those attractions doesn't mean you can't have fun! There are plenty of shows to experience, and certain attractions offer stationary seating/viewing areas (Shrek, Twister, and Jimmy Neutron among others.)

I hope you have a nice trip!

kcnole

There's a bit of rocking on Jaws, but nothing that should be damaging to a baby. Compare it to Neutron for example, which has almost thrown me out of my seat before. It also shouldn't be anything to make you sick. Now if you're 9 months pregnant I'd avoid it, but at your development level you'll just be starting to show and should be past the sickness stage so you'll be ok.

There's a bit of rocking on Jaws, but nothing that should be damaging to a baby. Compare it to Neutron for example, which has almost thrown me out of my seat before. It also shouldn't be anything to make you sick. Now if you're 9 months pregnant I'd avoid it, but at your development level you'll just be starting to show and should be past the sickness stage so you'll be ok.

Not to be disrespectful, but I've ridden Jaws well over 1000 times at this point. Some of the Ride Vehicles WILL throw you around. I'm really not allowed to go into 2 specific experiences that I've had regarding expectant mothers- all I'm going to say is that it's not worth it. End of story.

Darcy

??

Spidey - is it just a simulator or also a roller coaster? I thought the cars actually moved on a track?

What is Tiwster and Earthquake/Disaster?

Men In Black - People warn about this one. What does it do?

Jimmy Neutron is bad? I thought they had seats that don't move. If the seats move do they make you sick?

cmatt

Spidey - is it just a simulator or also a roller coaster? I thought the cars actually moved on a track?

What is Tiwster and Earthquake/Disaster?

Men In Black - People warn about this one. What does it do?

Jimmy Neutron is bad? I thought they had seats that don't move. If the seats move do they make you sick?

jimmy neutron... the seats are not stationary... they move like an individual simulator car... and you do get jolted around!

spidey is a 3d simulation but is enhanced with movement (yes it is on a track) and that is a lap bar type restraint... (as far as i can remember) again you will be jolted about quite alot.

Alot of the rides in the park map state expectant mothers should not ride... why not take that as advise? :animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom